Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Mission (the long story)

1K views 12 replies 0 participants last post by  rage2 (Calgary) 
G
#1 ·
The mission:<br>
To infiltrate the boarders of a MB Dealer in New London Ct. over two hours away without the wife knowing that we are going there.<br>
<br>
The Plan:<br>
Phase One:<br>
Invite wife to dine out for lunch half way to mission objective.<br>
Phase Two:<br>
Introduce idea to wife about going to <br>
Mystic Aquarium in nearby town of targeted <br>
MB dealer.<br>
Phase Three:<br>
Entice wife with a shopping opportunities in local area of mission objective. Wear her deffenses down by introducing her to as many sale items as possible.<br>
<br>
Phase Four:<br>
On return trip home take alternate way home right past mission objective.<br>
Look surprized when mission objective is found. Then infiltrate with promises of only being a short visit.<br>
<br>
The plan execution:<br>
Phase One:<br>
Went off without a hitch, travel time, 1 hour ten minutes of twisty/farmlandish type roads. <br>
I chose the sound track to "O BROTHER WHERE ART THOU" to set the mood for the first part of the trip. We dined at Willington Pizza House. We had a red potato pizza. (this pizza has won many national awards in the past 10 years) Well worth the trip. Www.Willingtonpizza.com<br>
Phase Two:<br>
Well, *laughs* we got lost just a little bit getting there. We stopped and asked a friendly old guy that owned a tractor sales facility for directions and he was more than happy to entertain us for 45 minutes with stories about his tractors, his land, his dog and where they all came from. We almost felt bad leaving him cause he was just so nice and was dying to just talk to someone. *salute to you sir*<br>
We did make it to the Mystic Aquarium by the way. about 1 hour and 53 minutes after. There is lots to see and do. Can you say Ballooga Whale?<br>
<br>
Phase Three:<br>
Shopping, what the hell was I thinking of when I thought of this? Three hours of back breaking power shopping. Have you got any idea how many little boutiques are in the Mystic Ct. area?<br>
All I heard was "gee, this would be darling in the bathroom" followed by "oh, i've got to get one of these for my kitchen" and my personal favorite, "wouldn't this look great on me when get home and *whisper whisper*" Thank you Victoria's Secretes!<br>
Phase Four:<br>
Mission obective: The car dealership.<br>
By this time I only had three things on my mind, cars, sex and more cars. Since I was the one counting the votes, I chose cars. heh, if Bush can get away with it... so can I.<br>
On our way home we just happend to cross a MB Dealership, imagine that. We had a wonderfull salesman that was more than happy to show us what ever we wanted to see. I have to put this disclosure in. I did inform the salesperson that my intentions where only to look at what he had in stock and not to buy since the distance was so great from my home. The purpose of the mission was to see as many colors of the slk as possible in real life. Before I order my car I want to see all the colors in person. I just want it to be right. My bride on the other hand can pick one out from a catalogue and be sure that is what she wants. I wish I had the confidence she has in doing so. She really loves this car. Me on the other hand, I love it for all the right reasons, but I'd also like Vette power, porche handling and BMW comforts all for under 60k. God help me!<br>
<br>
Conclusion:<br>
We did get to drive several cars yesterday, we had a great time. The generous sales person plotted out some highway, country back roads and around town type roads. Each trip took about 20 or so minutes. hahaha Screw Six Flags<br>
We drove the Clk 430 and the wife hated it. I think I was more understanding to what the cars purpose was. However, I have to agree with her that the BMW 330 ci was much easier on the spine than the CLK.<br>
We also got to drive a Golden Rod SLK 320. That was like a dream, its not as muscular as I would like, but its falling into that category of "its the car that we can both agree on." If ya'll are married and can only swing the price of one joy toy while maintaining two other cars that fall into the NEED category then you know where I'm coming from.<br>
Take the path of least resistance. Your not going to dislike this car at all.<br>

See less See more
G
#4 ·
She wants Magma Red, I still need to see the blue families. (more)

We just stopped and looked at a purple (forgot the color name) 1999 M3 convertible. The coupe is my dream car but I could live with the rag top. It was stunning! We got in the car and she was ready to close the deal. The car only had 15 thousand miles on it BUT they wanted 45k for it and it had no alarm system. OUCH! We had to walk away after thinking about it. After riding in the SLK with heated seats yesterday, we feel that we'd want those too.

G
#9 ·
It's a '98 Bahama Blue. Yours?

There sure don't seem to be too many of these in Calgary. I've actually only seen them at the dealership - I've never run into one on the road. Weird.<br>
<br>
I'm #1 with Lone Star for an SLK32! WOOHOO!!! Hoping for around September...

G
#10 ·
Never found the new bue either...(more)

I wanted to see it as well(is that Bahama, or is Bahama the older darker blue?). Anyway, when we couldn't find it, we decided on Brilliant Silver.<br>
The dark colors would just make me crazy after a year or so of trying to keep it clean here. If it were a weekend/only nice weather car, we probably would have gone with something else. The ONLY thing I dislike about my '97 Eclipse is the black paint! For at least 6 months a year (maybe 8 or 9), it needs a bath within 30 minutes of getting one! And that's if it sits in the driveway for those 30 minutes!

G
#12 ·
With the weather lately here, they're all probably in the garage. I want an SLK32! (more)

I have 2 SLK's... a Silver '98 SLK 230 and a Black '01 SLK 320 (SLK 230 from Hyatt, SLK 320 from Lone Star).<br>
<br>
I find Lone Star service to be 100x better than Hyatt =).<br>
<br>
I ordered my SLK320 almost a year ago, just arrived end of Feb 2001. I wanted SLK32 when I ordered, but there was no price, and was told it won't be in Canada until early/mid 2002. Now we have better dates, I really wish I waited.<br>
<br>
I'll probably get the SLK32 when my lease runs out. If you're the first in Calgary to get one, be sure to give me a ride!<br>
<br>
rage2<br>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.