Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Read something interesting on MBworld (MUST READ)

1K views 3 replies 0 participants last post by  Norb 
G
#1 ·
Acceleration of the CLK 55 AMG, 0 to 60, done with a G-tech: (Not 62, 60...)<br>
_________________________<br>
<br>
Run #1: 4.72 sec. <br>
Run #2: 4.84 sec. <br>
Run #3: 4.65 sec.<br>
Run #4: 4.54 sec.<br>
Run #5: 4.46 sec. <br>
<br>
I stopped here. The friend I borrowed the G-Tech from has a new M5 (with about 5K on it) and the best he has been able to squeeze out of it are 4.5x numbers. Just wanted to make sure I could cross that 4.5 line! Hehehehe. My car is stock with only the wheel and tire changes you see in the article. Confident if I had more meat on the rear (instead of my 255s), I could go faster. It's still spinning the tires off the line a little. All runs were done by simply putting the gar in "D" and stomping the accelerator. I didn't do any burnouts or anything to heat the tires up before the first run...they just got warmer as I went. It was about 35 degrees outside here in ATL and I had a 1/4 tank of gas in it. I was in there by myself and weigh about 175 lbs.<br>
<br>
Think I could possibly get a little better times than the best/last run above (since I only did 5 runs). But it wouldn't be much.....since we are approaching the laws of physics here! Folks, this is supercar territory.<br>
_____________<br>
Who said MB didnt give conservative numbers...<br>
<br>
That should mean a under 5s for the SLK 32 AMG!<br>
<br>
P.S: Sorry about my under 5 s about the SLK 32 AMG, but I am certain that the car will be much faster... I hope I dont offend anyone.<br>
<br>

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.