Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

need advice on buying slk

1K views 4 replies 0 participants last post by  DanPro (Montréal) 
G
#1 ·
I am graduating from college soon and have a job down in KC and I am in the process of buying an slk 230.<br> <br> I found a starmarked 99' slk 230 w/ sport package, silver, fully loaded with manual trans. It has only 13K miles and was used by dealers wife. They are asking 32,900 but said it is very flexible. <br> <br> This seems like a great deal from what I have seem and just wanted some opinions from those who own or have gone through this process. Thanks!!!

G
#3 ·
slk 230

Price is too high for a 99 slk 230. Don't pay that much. And don't pay for the 'starmarked' service check. Any car this age will be under warranty. Should be able to get it for under 30K.<br> Would highly recommend ebay or other online auction sites for available 230s. Probably could negotiate for 00 or 01 car with approx. same miles and options for same or less price and therefore would have dealer warranty for longer period.<br> Also, do not buy extended warranty from dealer as there are multiple other 3rd parties from which to buy extended warranty at much cheaper price.<br> Would also recommend buying in the winter as demand is lower.<br> You're in the driver seat. Economy is bad, weather sucks. Take your time and get a good deal.<br> Post email and we can talk more ( bought my slk 320 on ebay ;> Jackie

G
#4 ·
Hey Kevin, if you don't have access to a pricing guide to see the real prices here is a URL

be sure to check off all the options it has and this might help but even with being the dealer's wife's car and low mileage too you have to remember it's 'Three' years old. So, unless 'this' car is the car of your dreams and you won't settle for anything else you should look before you leap! You didn't mention where you are other than KC and that doesn't help me, it may make a big difference where you are as to the prices on the SLKs.

G
#5 ·
Bought my 1999 SLK230, w/o sport package, auto trans, no heater seats and ...

with 49,000 km (26,000 mi) on the odometer for 42K$ Cdn (~27K$ US). I know I could have gotten a better deal, but I was desperate for the oyster interior.... :) I would say: offer 28K$US to start the negotiations and try to keep it below 30K$ US.<br>
<br>
My 2 cents

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.