Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Rear shot of debaged 32...

2K views 36 replies 0 participants last post by  Arnee 
G
#1 ·
A better shot of my debadged 32 from the rear.<br>

G
#3 ·
Guys !!! This is just my opinion about "debadged" AMG products even those it gave th....

<br> clean look but wouldn't that kindna de-values AMG products. AMG products is not just another Mercedes but is a special Mercedes that only a small group of people owned.<br>

G
#4 ·
So what does it devalue?

The only devaluation I can see is that you loose the 'value' that you get when other people notice you're driving an AMG car. I don't think even 1 person out of 500 even knows the difference, so there's not much value in it.<br> <br> Some people find much more value in people NOT knowing they are driving an AMG car. For example, keeping idiot street racers from trying to race you to prove they can beat an 32; or to suprise a guy who thinks you've got a lesser SLK; or to stop jealous vandals.<br>

G
#6 ·
Your first sentence said it all. Most people "debadged" is because that want people t....

<br> that they are driving something that is not (WANNABE). Don't you think that people would feel the same way now that you 'debadged' AMG products? Instead of other people being admirer at you driving an AMG products now they are just think that you wannabe.

G
#9 ·
Anyone savy enought to know what AMG means...

will know that it is an AMG but the other visual cues, spoiler, wheels, exhaust as well as interior cues. <br> <br> Also, I am not trying to impress anyone with the fact that I drive an AMG car.<br> <br> Brian got it correct for me, avoids idiots trying to challenge me all the time and vandalism. The badges are very easy to put back on, a lot more so than repairing the damage when someone rips off the AMG badge with a screw driver.

G
#18 ·
And my point is...

that it's only important if you value other people's knowledged that you're driving an AMG car. If you don't care if they know you're driving an AMG car, then why would you care if they think you're a 'wannabe'. Especially when they are mistaken. Image isn't everything.

G
#19 ·
Funny that you should say that. A fellow SLK driver spotted my '32 from...

across four lanes of traffic while I was refueling, and came over to look at an AMG. <br> Those that know, know what to look for. Those that don't know what to look for don't really care.

G
#20 ·
Hiya Bruce.

Happy New Year to you too Bruce. I haven't been able to check the board as often as I'd like b/c we're getting ready to move abroad. Sadly, cars are totally impractical in the place we're moving to so the SLK can't come along. Big bummer. I'm definitely gonna miss my car.<br>
<br>
Great to see all these new names on the board. But why does it seem like the archives go no further back than this August or so?<br>
<br>
DP

G
#24 ·
Debadge is a clean look...."sano" was a 50's term....for me

it harkens back to the custom car look of the 50's and 60's where letters and numbers did not spoil the clean lines and beauty of the car..IMHO

G
#25 ·
Think back to the custom hot rod days of the 50s - the first thing they did was...

remove the chrome and badges, then filled in seams and generally went to a smoother look. Not to mention lowered, chrome wheels, chopped tops, sectioned bodies, etc.<br> <br> While I personally prefer it stock I can also appreciate the debadged cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.