Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

slk32 wheels & tires for sale

786 views 7 replies 0 participants last post by  Brian 
G
#1 ·
They have 6k miles on them and are in excellent shape. Im gonna try to put some different wheels on. I liked the wheels on my slk320 sport better. Gonna try the 18inch wheels from the SL.

G
#7 ·
Offsets...

Without getting too detailed, here's some info:<br> <br> For all mercedes wheels, the smaller the offset, the farther the wheel will stick out and the greater chance you have of the tire rubbing on the fender.<br> <br> The SLK32 front wheels are 7.5x17ET37, which means they have an offset of 37mm. The SL front wheels are 8.5x18ET25. If you were to put the SL front wheels on an SLK32 (forget about tires for a second), the wheels would stick out 24.7mm farther than the SLK32's stock wheels. That's 12mm due to the smaller offset plus 12.7mm which is half of the increased width (1.0inch = 25.4mm).<br> <br> Now, if you factor the tires back into the equation, you can somewhat ignore the 12.7mm due to extra rim width as long as you use the same width tires as a stock SLK32. This is because the tire tread is centered on the rim and what you're interested in preventing is contact between the tire and the fender (aka rubbing). Of course, if you're too close, the tire sidewall and even the rim can contact the fender.<br> <br> Rolling the fenders will give you about 5mm of extra clearance on the inside of the fender. Some shops will even cut out the fender lip instead of rolling it, but it's not in your best interest to do this since there is a weld on that lip and it is part of the structure of the car (both the rigidity of the fender in general and crumple zones in an accident).

G
#8 ·
I forgot to say...

There ARE 18-inch AMG wheels available to fit the SLK now. AMG recently released the 18-inch AMG Multipiece Styling III wheels. These are the 18-inch version of the 17-inch wheels that come standard on the US-spec '02 CLK55 Cabriolet.<br> <br> Unfortunately, they're pretty expensive. The only place I know that sells them is Autoclass.net. For these wheels, AMG specs 225/40ZR18 tires in the front and 255/35ZR18 tires in the rear.<br>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.