Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

The final recommendation from Red Line Oil is..............

515 views 9 replies 0 participants last post by  Brian 
G
#1 ·
Their standard 75W90 weight oil, as long as the differential doesn't go over 250 F. If the temp. goes higher then that (not likely) the 75W140 would be the next choice. The Red Line Oil rep. stated that their Shock Proof oil would not offer much benefit in this street application.<br> So 'Final Answer' Red Line 75W90 oil.

G
#4 ·
Why the 32 and not other MB. Is there a difference in the differentials?

I also noticed that the SLK 32 has a final drive of 3.07 and the 320 and 230 have 3.27.<br> <br> Imagine a 3.27 in the 32?

G
#6 ·
What about Mobil 1 Gear oil?

I use it in my Porsche 911. I also have my turbo Miata filled with Redline.<br> <br> Is there really a major difference between these? (We are talking synthetics, right?)

G
#8 ·
For 75W-90, I don't see any reason to use Redline...

Mobil 1 75W-90 is much easier to get than Redline. It's also only $6/quart whereas Redline is $8/quart.<br> <br> On the other hand, I'm seriously considering going the 75W-140 route just to be on the safe side. I'd still like to know the REAL reason that Redline recommends adding their Friction Modifiers (meant for limited slip differentials), though. They told me the same thing on my Jeep.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.