Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

SLK320 AMG as daily driver

1K views 5 replies 0 participants last post by  Bob Hancock 
G
#1 ·
My wife wants the SLK320 because it's beautiful and she likes the convertible/hardtop. I want an AMG because....well...you know.<br> Since she will use it as her daily driver to work, how will the car fare? Is the ride too hard or will the engine easily overheat, or.....any down sides to using this car this way? <br> Thanks,<br> Bob

G
#4 ·
daily driven SLK 32

my slk 32 is daily driven. put a good 400-500 miles a week on the odometer. and haven't had probs with engine overheating... the ride is not hard.. unless of course your wife commutes through rocky mountains.. just make sure she takes care the car as you would.. (no offense to female) :þ<br>

G
#5 ·
Yes, I can...

It was a valid question. You might have meant the SLK320 Sport (aka AMG styling).<br> <br> I can tell you that overheating isn't a problem. I live in Phoenix and my SLK32 AMG saw 115 degree heat this summer without overheating. One of the appeals of AMG cars is that they are tuned as a package to provide performance on top of the other qualities of the car on which they are based. It's alwo what keeps the purist from calling them real sports cars.<br> <br> The SLK32's suspension is firmer than a regular SLK230/320 but it's not harsh and it actually feels softer than my previous SLK230 Sport (because of the Michelin Pilot Sport tires, I think). To test the ride quality, I recommend you take a test drive in all three versions (i.e. SLK non-sport, SLK Sport, and SLK32 AMG).<br> <br> My SLK32 is my daily driver. I haven't found any downsides that are different from my SLK230. In your case, I think the main downside is that your wife will be driving it every day instead of you.<br>

G
#6 ·
Re: Yes, I can...

Thanks Brian. I've looked at so many cars lately I lose track of the exact nominclature of some. It's the SLK32 AMG I am considering. We drove the SLK320 and like it very much but it could use it bit more power. As far as the SLK32, she doesn't care about the extra grunt, but I do. Since she will be the main driver I didn't want anything too extreme for her, but enough to keep me interested when I drive the car. Now with all you guys picking up yours I hope there's one left for me by January when I am ready to buy....what with only 1000 being made (right?).<br> Thanks to all who replied.<br> Bob<br> Chevy truck<br> Honda Accord<br> BMW R1100S...for sale<br> Ducati 996

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.