Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Beautiful 97 500SL at the junk yard

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  rorypff 
#1 ·
Beautiful 97 500SL at the junk yard. It has not been placed in the yard because it works as one can see from the writing on the windshield. I bet it is limp mode, and needs a conductor plate.

The car looks way better than the 93 I have :crying The engine is clean...

Sad...

It is at this Sacramento Yard, so call them if you want to buy the whole car, or ask questions...

Pick-n-Pull - Sacramento

Martin

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Man that is sad although it could be that the transmission is going out. If you're lucky as Martin says it would be just the conductor plate.

I heard something kind of funny in a place Martin showed me-the SL recycling yard off sunrise.

This plastic I'm replacing slowly but surely- at least what you can get

The fellow running the forklift out there says that that M119 rarely needs replacing. He said he's got 15 of them on the shelf that rarely move.

My interior dome light is acting funny goes on and off at will it seems

But he told me that cover if I need one is about $700. The plastic cover if you can find one. The inside containing the domelight under the cover would be $75.

So now I'm wondering if it's worth trying to pry the cover off and break that

#4 ·
Beautiful 97 500SL at the junk yard. It has not been placed in the yard because it works as one can see from the writing on the windshield. I bet it is limp mode, and needs a conductor plate.

The car looks way better than the 93 I have :crying The engine is clean...

Sad...

It is at this Sacramento Yard, so call them if you want to buy the whole car, or ask questions...

Martin

Hi MAVA

Good thing I don't live near Sacramento, or I'd be buying this R129, and spending my summer restoring it back to pristine condition.

Addicted to fixing M-B's..... I think the medical term in DSM IV (the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) is called "Benzoholism".... :grin

Nice Find, though.... God Bless, Arctic

#5 · (Edited)
This car is in beautiful shape. I think it is in limp mode because I guess the owner thought they could reset the limp mode from OBD2 as it is with many of these non-wecked benz 90's/2000 cars. Nothing to really restore. It needs a bit of a cleaning. The paint is excellent.

I think it is just requires a conductor plate and the circular connector... A broken regulation spring, or broken shift spring, yet these parts are not available from Mercedes, but the parts are available from Sonnax for under $20

http://www.sonnax.com/parts/2313-regulating-pressure-control-valve-spring

Martin

#6 ·
Other than the front bumper - looks like a perfect project car!

If this was local, I would have gladly purchased it, looking for one right now to restore and give to Paps for his birthday later this year... All I'm finding locally is junk under $4k...

Wheels on this one - indeed, love the old school Brabus!

Someone, get it already and put it back on the road!

Regards,
D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.