Cell-Phone Mount

11K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  ceta4zng 
#1 · (Edited)
Custom Cell-Phone Mount

DIY

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
I guess I'm just thick here. Could somebody explain what was done? I see the tools, and the finished product, but don't get how. Love the idea though. I've fabricated a couple, didn't like them. Want to stay away from using the vents in case they get over stressed.

#8 · (Edited)
Hi hotshoe .... It's just 8" of a metal ruler bent to a right angle with Velcro

Directions:
Slide the ruler between the air vent and glove box, use something to pry the glove box up a bit to get it started and slide it back until it stops. Make a mark on the ruler of where to bend. Remove the ruler and bend to about a right angle at the mark. Saw away the extra and attach velcro to it's face. (And to your phone case)

#11 ·
I have the mount pictured below in all my cars.
That mount is awesome. Works very well, is small, cheap and just does it's job. Wife has it in her R500 and it holds even heavy phones securely in place.

Reactions: hamada128
#19 ·
Totally inspired by Fast960 - not trying to 'one-up' - here is my design. I have a samsung note with the book cover case (no idea what it is called) - and I would use my phone for waze - and open the case and hang it from the glove box and the closed lid would hold the phone. But it would hang in front of the vents and be a little low taking my eyes too far from the road. I didn't want to stick anything to the interior - or pry up the lining of the glove box - figured I would likely brake something (because that would be my luck).

I went to lowes and found a strip of aluminum for $10 and bent it by eye and test fit. Attached the magnets and I think I have my phone out of the way of the vents and high enough on the dash that my eyes don't have to stray too far from the windshield. It fits in the glove box when not in use, as I will only use it when I need GPS. My headunit can control audio and phone calls with the phone stored away.

P.S. - I am aware I failed to mount the magnet so the brand name is readable - so I fixed it after the photo.

P.S.S - I have like 6 feet of aluminum strip left if anybody wants some

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.