Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Window "SNAKE" for Storing Your Soft Top

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Silberpfeil 
#1 ·
All Forum Members,

Here are a few pics of a Window "SNAKE" that helps to keep the folded soft-top windows from getting overly creased when storing for long periods of time.

I'm getting prepared for upcoming winter weather, here in Canada, and I leave the soft top in the closed position, and put the hard top on for winter storage.

Although some members prefer to leave their soft top up during storage.

The brown "window snake" is really two "Door Draft Stoppers" sewn end-to-end, and cut to length.

They are of very soft velvet-like material with poly-fiber stuffing that is also soft, yet spongy.

Home Hardware had a sale on them, last year, for $4.99 each.

Here is a similar offering (although at a crazy price!) from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Door-Draft-S...1_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=T13X299A5NAD78W0MPD8

May God Bless, Arctic

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Yes.... absolutely.

That is what is intended.

So, after placing the "SNAKE" into the fold of the 3 windows of the soft top, as the top retracts into the closed position, the "SNAKE's" spongy characteristic prevents the 3 plastic windows from developing a radical crease at the fold.

Whether you store the soft top for a long time, or a short time, using a "SNAKE" is helpful. :smile

Take Care, and May God Bless, Arctic

#10 ·
Thanks Arctic ... it must be regional. I went into our local store and it was not on sale but they had a bunch of stuff I "needed" which was on sale, so I didn't go home empty handed. :smile
I suspect they blow out excess inventory particular to the region.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.