Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Added a SL600

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  FATHERTIME 
#1 ·
I finally added a 99 SL600 to my garage last week it's in great condition and only 48k, I had three of them checked out the other two had some issues that would've been costly so well worth the inspection. This car is way more than I expected, the seats are so much more comfortable than my 98 500 plus the ride is pretty cushy. it will take some time to learn all the features. It's real fast and quiet. Got to get used to the fat steering wheel. Cant wait to get out on a desert road and try some WOT:angel

#11 ·
I noticed your shot including Roy's which I believe is out of 29 Palms on the way to Vegas. If you want a "fast" road, stay on 62 from 29 Palms to 95. My favorite though is 99 coming off the Ridge Route. After 5 peels off to the North, 99 continues into Bakersfield. After a few miles, there are NO on ramps and the oncoming lanes are hidden by oleander bushes. Unless you overtake someone, there is no one to prevent you from hitting 135 (my fastest in my Cl600). I didn't take it further because of the tires but there is about 10 miles all to yourself.
Anziani

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.