Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Turn signal assemblies have gotten hard to find

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Ruindr 
#1 ·
The lens popped off my right front turn signal assembly the other day and disappeared. So i went looking. The $30-$40 clear-front versions from Latvia etc. are available on eBay, but I read warnings in earlier threads about those as to both appearance and fit. Besides, my car has the white front/orange side color pattern, and I'd prefer to replace only the damaged one. The Magneti Marelli versions were praised here, but everyone has them on backorder with no indications as to when/if they'll be available. The Bosch versions are nowhere to be found save for one used one at a ridiculous price.

So: Does anyone know where to get a decent quality white/orange right side assembly? Has anyone recently bought an aftermarket turn signal assembly that looks good and fits and works well? If so, what brand from where? (If need be and reasonably priced I'd be willing to replace both sides with the all-whites so long as they're frosted.)

Thanks!

#4 ·
I found a pair of the all-white turn signal light assemblies and so replaced both of mine, which means I now have a left (driver-side) white/orange turn signal light assembly to sell. It was working when removed and has no dings in the plastic covering. The thumb-grip for the latch release is missing, but the spring latches are still intact and were working. The lower of the two prongs that slide in next to the headlight is broken (I have the 1.25" piece that broke off); there appears to be enough (about 0.5" on top and 1" at the bottom) to fit into the guide channel. It was manufactured by Automotive Lighting (same as the replacement I found) and the tag says it was made in the Czech Republic. Anyone want to buy it? Make me an offer.

#6 · (Edited)
92 500SL Front Turn Signals Just Purchased - bulb problem

I just got right and left signals, new, from ebay. Shipped from Germany, manufactured in Taiwan. $125.
Amber corner lens. So far, it is great EXCEPT, I am here because I either don't have the right replacement bulb, or I have
an electrical connection issue from the time the female receptacle was open to the elements. Mine also was stolen after a repair.

I didn't need the left. The right fits great. I suspect I may have the wrong bulb!!. Now that I have disassembled the
entire electrical connector 23724 checking for short; volt meter, etc. I can't seem to find the right bulb or part number that
actually confirms the fitment or shows a photo.

I have removed the photos but will leave the ebay sellers information only as a Warning.

The Bulb sockets provided with the two new turn signals purchased are non-Mercedes specification. They are the wrong bulb sockets.

I have notified the seller, and requested a refund, and will notify PayPal of wrong product and possible relay damage. MBZ Sockets
are available thru dealer $49.00 each. I do have the photos of the wrong and correct bulbs, sockets, turn signals, etc if anyone needs them.

kyriacosd123 (7,271Green Star)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.