Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

What to replace while doing top?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  DALE.M 
#1 ·
Alright guys, I'm about to order my replacement top and am wondering what Other parts/materials I need to get to complete the job.

Any advice on which glue is best?
I've seen a few references to a seal between the front and back half of the top that's good to replace while doing the job. Can anyone shed any light on this?

#4 ·
Thanks, I did search, but didn't really see anything the specifically addressed this. I see that some people have replace the seal, but didn't know if there are any other items I should have on hand while doing the top.

Also, it seems 3m 1357 is the preferred adhesive. Does anyone have any idea how much I'll need? Is 1qt sufficient?

#5 ·
We used about 1 spray can of adhesive, there are several makes that are fine 3M probably the best, also had some brush on adhesive in a 8oz can for the hard to reach places where overspray could occur( was LePage or something like that) Also replace the seal between the sections, if you go back into my posts the part number is there , no other parts needed unless something is broken. Go slowly and dry fit before you glue or make any cuts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.