Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Continental ExtremeContact DWS

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Dimitris 
#1 ·
Anybody ever try Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires on a 129?

:grin

#6 ·
since the sl rarely get driven in rain an never in snow or much below freezing around here, Continental Contact DW is my preference for the SL. However, I'm not very satisfied with the Michelin MXM4's on the E420, spendy and will be lucky to last 25K miles, so in the not to distant future it will get the Contact DWS since it's the daily driver.

The DW probably as pretty short tread life, but I only put 3500 miles/yr on the SL, so not to worried about that either on the SL.

#8 ·
My favorite tire. I have them on my car. Half my coworkers have them too. I sell them to many of my customers, and all have been very satisfied. One of my coworkers has a set on his Mustang for over 40,000 miles and they are just about ready to be replaced. He used to put studded snow tires on for the winter, and sand bags in his trunk. Now, he just drives, without worrying and no changing anything. He has owned the car over 10 years and says it has never been this good in the winter, or in the rain. Another plus is the extra thick bead on the tire, which really protects the rim from curb rash. You can't go wrong with the DWS.

#9 ·
I have had a set of the DWS for several years now. Very, very good tire. Highly recommended. Great tread wear, quite and very smooth. In fact it has to be one of the smoothest tires I have ever had on a car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.