Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

FSS Flex service schedule reset Question

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  hotshoe 
#1 ·
Hi,

Not knowing the car had FSS I had performed all the services in the spring but not reset the FSS ever. So when it started warning me I checked the owners manual and said no problem I should reset the system.

So eventually I try following the book (5 times) Get someone else to look over my shoulder (2 times) I still have not reset the counter. I know button 1 works as it resets the trip odo.

From memory this is what I do.

key to position 2
within 4 sec hit button one 2X
key to position 0.
within 10 sec, hit and hold button 1
key to position 2.
after about 10 sec the system does beep but the display does not change to 10,000 miles it remains two wrenches -31.

Is there something I am missing?

Thanks,
Jay

See less See more
#2 ·
Don't rely on memory, it's in your Owner's manual.

The Button (1) is referring to the left knob that you usually use for resetting the trip Odometer.

1) Turn key to position-2
2) Within 4 seconds press button (1) twice.
3) The FSS status will display. Within 10 seconds turn key to position-0
4) Press and hold button (1) while turning key to position-2 again and continue to hold button (1). The FSS status will display again.
5) After about 10 seconds, a signal will sound and the FSS will change to display 10,000 miles or 15,000 Km
6) release button (1) and you're done.

Start the car and shut it off and that's it.

Dan

#3 ·
That is the procedure I think I followed. I was reading from the owner's manual when I was doing it. Problem is my display never changes to 10,000 miles after the signal sounds.

I did not try starting and shut off but it still should have lost the wrenches and displayed the miles.

#14 ·
I'm fighting with this process myself - and with the mention of doing it quickly, I went back to read the owner's manual and it may seem (though not entirely clear by the text) that the entire process needs to be completed within 10 seconds.

Going to try again later, though I'm only at -2100 since my friend cleared it out when he reset my SRS light during the summer. It's still annoying to look at minus whatever every time I start the car

#15 ·
Can confirm - the rapid fire method worked on the first try.

Also I did not restart the car. I turned key, two pumps of the button, turned key off, held button, turned key on and about 10 seconds of holding the button '10000' appeared in the space.

Thanks for the help

#18 ·
the joy of MY97 or earlier. No FSS to mess with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.