Chick what was the final performance result of adding these beautiful headers? Did the shop retain drawings or a template so that they can replicate them? You're is the first example of headers for the M119 engine that I have seen.
My "seat of the pants" rating is that there was "slight" hp gain, as I wasn't able to play accurately with the air/fuel mixture needed for this set up. However, I was able to buy from the USA, just last year (thru the help of mertd93) an Innovate wide band air/fuel gauge, Bosch CIS fuel injection tester and an Actron multi-meter (to check duty cycles). The hp gain that I refer to is noticeable over 3000rpm till redline. But just to be sure, I have an appointment with the dyno tuning company on Thursday, for a base line run, so that I would know were I am at present. before doing any fine tuning with the new test equipment.
To give you a backgrounder, I had the car dyno'ed, right after the exhaust system was completed, and it registered a loss of hp, maybe due to the engine control unit not having adapted yet to the new exhaust. After consulting with a few BW.org members, I was able to adjust the EHA valve minutely, to enrichen my mixture, but there was no proper test equipment at that time, to measure if what I did was right or enough. 3000t kilometers after (and a lot of free time again
in between projects), I've decided to work on this issue, this time with the proper test equipment.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that on Thursday, the base line run would register an increase in hp, without fine tuning yet
. Worst case scenario, if the 2.5 diameter exhaust system that I have at present, registers a loss in hp, I already have the 2.25 exhaust system components on stand-by (again, thru the kindness of mertd93).