Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Interesting Finds on Craigslist (No personal adverts please)

263K views 2K replies 176 participants last post by  Benica 
#1 · (Edited)
Found these on Craigslist for $1000. The owner states they came off a 2006 SL 500. Will they fit on mine without spacers?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
They would fit without spacers and some people have bolted the R230 wheels to R129 cars, but there is an issue with the lug bolts. All R230 cars use 14mm/wide thick lug bolts as opposed to 12mm thick/wide lug bolts on the R129. You cannot use R230 lug bolts on the R129 (unless you drill out the hubs), so are left to use R129 lug bolts, which will "work", but there would be a 1mm space around the lug bolt shaft and the lug holes in the wheels. Could cause vibrations, or...

Al

#6 ·
Thanks, that was a lot of useful info. Why can't life be more simple? It's about to be put up for the winter so I have a while to find the right combo. Only need a good battery tender now because I'll be gone more this winter than ever before.

#11 ·
R230 Launch Wheels (Holman) Chrome

I put on the 2003-2005 Holman R230 wheels needing a 10mm spacer on rear and did not have a clearance issue on the front but did consider 2mm spacers. Did have to use new lug nuts. I stole the like new wheels with nearly new OEM tires and sold my old wheels for nearly the same price.....:p

My car is a 1995 and in my opinion the wheels really update the overall look.

Just my opinion.

Brian:thumbsup:

#13 · (Edited)
I put on the 2003-2005 Holman R230 wheels needing a 10mm spacer on rear and did not have a clearance issue on the front but did consider 2mm spacers. Did have to use new lug nuts. I stole the like new wheels with nearly new OEM tires and sold my old wheels for nearly the same price.....:p

My car is a 1995 and in my opinion the wheels really update the overall look.

Just my opinion.

Brian:thumbsup:
bjflatley,
To be honest and viewing your post once, then back for a second glance and my opinion remains the same. Those rims shown look like American wheels, clumsy, boxy. I'm not sure how to describe them. Again, just my opinion... Now bearone2 mandrus millenium wheels is another story, nice.. he's got the correct touch.
carltwo

#98 ·
Simply adding that I found these on my local craigslist and that the R230 wheels are a relatively easy fitment for the R129.

Here are (6) pic links of the R230 MERCEDES BENZ Holman wheels that are NOT American MADE obviously....

:confused:
The first photo is a local dealer that's about 30 miles from me. :thumbsup:

#17 ·
#21 · (Edited)
#26 ·
sorry to burst your bubble but thats the radio i took out of the '95sl320 and the same radio in my son's '95e320 and it might fit in earlier models but connection isn't the same.

no extra charge for the cat.

Attachments

#42 ·
You can find some good deals on Craigslist but there are plenty of scams. If it looks "too Good to be true," it probably is. I was searching for Toyota Tacomas and that thread is loaded with scams. Why would you even believe you'll get a top line model 3 years old for 4k? I really question the sanity of people who even respond to those scams, they are more scary than the scammers. :p

#43 ·
I hate to throw a couple of bolts in your motor, but eight years ago, I seen advertise in auto trader, a set of Chromed wheels and rims for my Van in perfect shape, tires almost new for $55.00. As soon as I seen them I gave the person the money, loaded them fast and left, paying a grand total of $55.00, unheard of at that time. Maybe his roommate told him, sell them for $55 dollars each not for all four, but I'm just speculating. Hey, one in a thousand I guess.
carltwo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.