Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Japanese SL500 goes beyond 260km/h

3K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  msbarsi 
#1 ·
#3 ·
something wrong with the car...... it never shift at 6000k...... and it pick up the speed very slow..... :( A healthy 500 will pick up the speed faster than that..... if you watch it carefully, look at how long it take to reach 100mph or 160km/h.....

#7 ·
Alex_GT said:
It seems to be a real one.
Anyone dare to repeat?

SL Brabus
Would you be kind to respect other people opinions and move you picture to the left, where it is belongs.
I do respect other people opinions....... people told me to resize...... so I did resize it...... Now what the problem......:confused:

#9 · (Edited)
edutain1 said:
Just goes to prove this theory, when posting anonymously...

Ian
:wtf: ...... What the fu*k is your problem......... saying I'am "Selfish poster Brabus" .... you don't even know me.... what the hell are you talking about that I ignore all those that asked me to remove the graphic from my signature...... you wrong there...... People ask me to resize it because it was to big...... and I did resize it......If you ask me nicely I would remove it..... instead of attacking me.... go fix your fu*k up fuel injectors...:D ... And for the record I do respect other people opinions...... All you have to do is ask nicely..... Don't talk sh*t or start attacking me......:) With your attiude is no wonder you never find what is the problem with your car because the machinist keep ripping your sorry a$$ off......:thumbsup: ..... Done remove sig......:D

#10 · (Edited)
It looks to me like the 500 is hitting the limiter at 260+. No, not the rev limiter, the 250km/h limiter! :)
On my -94 the rev limiter comes on at about 6250 rpm and we have a thread here somewhere where a few members claim that the 500 would do about 276km/h true when the 250km/h (155mph) limiter is removed..

PS Brabus DID respond to requests and DID resize his pic a while back allready (thanks Brabus) and it would be nice if we could all live in peace and respect here...

#11 ·
How can one tell if the limiter has been removed other than trying to take the car off the clock? :)

SL-BRABUS did resize his sig.
Even so it was still annoying when he posted into every other reply.

SL-BRABUS if you want to use it for an avatar save and upload this graphic.

#12 · (Edited)
I also think that it is your racist generalization ie:" Asians people don't care what model they drive or ride.... As long as there is a STAR on the hood or grille.... ", and the fact that the graphic is OFF TOPIC as it is not an R129, that also offends. I should have known that a jerk like that would then stoop to language like " go fix your fu*k up fuel injectors..". just proves he is a moron and can't understand what this board is about. Only an idiot would have posted the LARGE, bandwidth hungry, off topic and racist generalization in the first place.

Normal person + Anonymity + Audience (often) = Total Wanker

Ian

#13 ·
Sorry for the off topic......RedLiner, ErikFinn, Alex_GT, picklesam, etc...... Thanks and I do respect your opinions..... that why I do what you guys told me to do...:)

As for you Mr. edutain1..... you are very funny...... calling me racist...... to let you know I am Asians......:D What so racist about my signature......?? WTF are you talking about the graphic is off topic and it not a R129..... HELLO... Mr. edutain1 "it a signature" anybody can put anything in there signatrue...... if there a problem with my signture then a moderator would delete it ..... right....?? Tell me how do I offends the R129 owner & members by putting an SL R107 picture in my signature......?? lol...... you tell me I don't know what this board is about...:rolleyes: ... We are here as Mercedes-benz enthusiast...... talking about Benz..... that what this forums is about..:thumbsup: ... I am not narrow mind like you.;) ... lol..... you telling I am a moron & idiot....... Ask some of the member here who known me & met me..... if I am a moron & idiot, that I don't know what I am talking about...:rolleyes: ... The more you attacking me the more you look like a fool...:eek:wned: ...For the record I own a few of the SL R129...:D ...... anyways..... so how is your fuel injectors...?? did you get it fixed yet.....??

#14 ·
Come on guys enough already! Get over it and move on as Benz enthusiast you r not newbie’s and should both know better.:rolleyes:

#15 ·
Just to echo the sentiments of FLC2006.

The odd little spat is quite harmless, but not when it degenerates into a mud slinging free for all.

SL-Brabus has now complied and completely removed the offending graphic and we thank him for doing that.
I think a moderator would have only removed the sig. if a complaint were to be received, however it looks like we are all grown up enough to police our own little section of this wonderful board, and common sense has prevailed.

I would suggest that SL-Brabus and edutain1 just forget about any harsh words or language used, and for the good of this forum, put it behind them.

It is an International forum and quite often English is not the first language of the poster. It's fun enough with just the difference between US and UK English, so we have to be more tolerant toward our members that may find expressing themselves difficult.

On the whole the forum runs itself very well, it would however be an advantage if each particular forum of the board had it's own moderator if not only for merging duplicate topics :D

OK back on topic; How do I find out if my speed limiter has been disabled, apart from trying to get up to 260Kph?

#17 ·
RedLiner said:
OK back on topic; How do I find out if my speed limiter has been disabled, apart from trying to get up to 260Kph?
I think if your car is stock, then the speed limiter is not disabled...... unless you heading down hill, you might be able to hit 162mph = 260kph......:eek:

#19 ·
edutain1 said:
Yes thanks, injectors fine now, ran some Nulon injector cleaner suggested by Pace Motors West Perth Mechanical Repairs and Servicing for BMW, VW, Audi, Mercedes Benz and Volvo , still a little rough until warm but much better and can put up with it.

PS This is the R129 SL Class board so the R107 is off topic, but I did enjoy seeing it.......once!
good to heard that your fuel injector is fixed....... edutain1 I am cool with you.... so let be friend..:) ... ?? And I just want to let you know I do respect your opinions too..... :thumbsup:

#20 ·
RedLiner said:
That's why I'm asking, how can one tell if the limiter has been disabled
Oh, ok...... the other way you could tell is you have to take your car to dyno...... when you dyno your car it will tell you your horsepower, torque, topspeed, etc.....

#22 ·
Bad language

ErikFinn said:
It looks to me like the 500 is hitting the limiter at 260+. No, not the rev limiter, the 250km/h limiter! :)
On my -94 the rev limiter comes on at about 6250 rpm and we have a thread here somewhere where a few members claim that the 500 would do about 276km/h true when the 250km/h (155mph) limiter is removed..

PS Brabus DID respond to requests and DID resize his pic a while back allready (thanks Brabus) and it would be nice if we could all live in peace and respect here...
I agree with Erik ,this site is is for enthusiasts of the car we love ...let us respect each other .I for one find it very sad when I see the sort of language being used as we have seen in this tread ....we are gentleman let our behaviour reflect that .

#23 ·
to get back on topic.. I have a sl600 and was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the speed limiter?? not that i have gone 155 on a public road but down hill im guessing it could do 160mph mwahhaha.. damn tractor trailers... anyway thanks for any input..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.