ogn
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
1992 500SL Hardtop, Roll bar & ASR

Hi everyone i have 500sl 92Mdl. my ASR light is alwys on and the Rollbar is coming up by it self when im driving for very short distance and my i cannot release my Hardtop automaticly(just manualy) but i can lock thae hard top automaticly, the Softop is working perfecly, Pls. advice.
FYI. i have no idea about the sockets&how to read the codes and reset the computer can somone explane that ffor me and i will be thankfull for that.
many thanks on advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 10:14 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2004
Vehicle: SL500, 300SL, 500SL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogn
my ASR light is alwys on...
If it comes on while driving, the ABS light in the cluster is out, and the car operates normally (not "Limp" mode), then there is likely a problem with the ASR hardware. Troubleshooting this requires special test equipment. If you would rather not go to the expense of fixing this but find the light annoying, you can, of course, just simply pull the cluster out and remove the bulb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogn
...the Rollbar is coming up by it self when im driving for very short distance...
This could be a faulty roll bar control module, or one of the limit switches on the rear suspension control arms may be faulty or out of adjustment. I would determine which by short-circuiting the limit switches with a wire or paper clip, drive the car, and see if the problem goes away. Remove the cable from the connector shown in the picture and jumper its terminals. There may be several small connectors in that area -- I don't remember. If there is, look for one labeled "C".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogn
...i cannot release my Hardtop automaticly(just manualy) but i can lock thae hard top automaticly, the Softop is working perfecly, Pls. advice.
Reading/erasing/re-reading codes for the top controller may identify this problem. If it doesn't, I suggest checking the state of all the limit switch inputs to the controller when the hard top is in place, as one of them is probably giving a false signal. The procedure for reading codes is explained here: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r129...-pre-94-a.html. Since your car is made before '94, you won't need an LED to see the electrical pulses that output a code.
Attached Images

#3 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 11:34 AM
ogn
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Dear bobterry99: Thanks a lot for your help i will tray this way as soon as possible once i'll get my car runing again because i face a small problem today i had change the radiator 2 days ago and unphortunitkly i broke the small pipe on the top of the radiator, i replace the old one again till i find out some solution to repair the broken pipe, after i reinstall the old one the car start overheating again and i dont know why mybe the water pump or the thermostat... so just give me couple of days, by the way do you know any way to repair the broken pipe coz the one is broken as well and i had to glue it but still to have a new one for 2 days only it's really depressing....
once again thanks for kind assist.
#4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2007, 12:51 AM
ogn
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)
Dear Bob:
If it's possible to send me theThe diagnostic socket The diagnostic socket (each one foe what and what does so i will have complete check on the car and where is the ASR hardware located (if you can attche a photo so you make it more easyer for me and i'll be thankfull for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Roadster Forums > R129 SL Class

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.