My SL600 Hard Top Is not working - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Roadster Forums > R129 SL Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2006, 01:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2006
My SL600 Hard Top Is not working

Hi guys suddenly I need to open my hard top but it is not responding

my car is 1993 SL600

thanks
mame9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2006, 02:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2006
hi mame how are you? i hope you enjoy your new sl.. any way check the hyd fluid in the pump and the fueses
feras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 06:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2004
Vehicle: SL500, 300SL, 500SL
To remove the hard top you have to operate the switch within 10 seconds of turning the key on. Also, I think the windows have to be down or the doors have to be open.
bobterry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 08:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by feras
hi mame how are you? i hope you enjoy your new sl.. any way check the hyd fluid in the pump and the fueses

Hala feras How r u doing dear i need to ask you where is the Hardtop fuses located? and hyd fluid is ok but it is not relese I open it manualy and I need to use soft top but not working

thanks for your replay
Old 12-26-2006, 08:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobterry99
To remove the hard top you have to operate the switch within 10 seconds of turning the key on. Also, I think the windows have to be down or the doors have to be open.

thank you for your replay and I will try today your advice

yours truly

Mohammed
Old 12-26-2006, 02:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

hi mohammed how are u... i think the fuses are in the trunk but does your soft top works or nothing at all? do u hear the pump ? it could be a microswitch out of adjustment or pump relay not working or u got problem with the control unit it self but i hope not. by the way i wanna ask u have you seen sl used parts in your area? or dammam because i'm looking for some parts .
Old 12-29-2006, 03:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
hi mohammed how are u... i think the fuses are in the trunk but does your soft top works or nothing at all? do u hear the pump ? it could be a microswitch out of adjustment or pump relay not working or u got problem with the control unit it self but i hope not. by the way i wanna ask u have you seen sl used parts in your area? or dammam because i'm looking for some parts .
hi feras I am v. good and u ? yes i dont hear any noise while press the button and my soft top is not working as well, and roll bar not working too, today I opened hard top and I use soft top manuly can you help on that ? I think problem is electric or some thing else

what parts you are looking for let me to try to help you

yours

Mohammed
Old 12-31-2006, 02:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

hi mohammed how are u.. in fact i'm looking for hard top seals which is around the windows both sides. if you can find it please tell me . by the way u need to chack few things for your soft top.. does the soft top switch flashs you you torn the key on? if it flashs it means there is a power to the control unit . does your windows moves when u operate the switch? if it operates the windows it means the control unit is reciveing the signal from the switch and you need to check the pump, fuses in the trunk and the relay on the pump. . if your switch flashes you can account the flashes to find which code does the control unit gives. every code is related to a microswitch in the system. check these things and tell us what u got... good luck.....

Last edited by feras; 12-31-2006 at 02:47 PM.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
hi mohammed how are u.. in fact i'm looking for hard top seals which is around the windows both sides. if you can find it please tell me . by the way u need to chack few things for your soft top.. does the soft top switch flashs you you torn the key on? if it flashs it means there is a power to the control unit . does your windows moves when u operate the switch? if it operates the windows it means the control unit is reciveing the signal from the switch and you need to check the pump, fuses in the trunk and the relay on the pump. . if your switch flashes you can account the flashes to find which code does the control unit gives. every code is related to a microswitch in the system. check these things and tell us what u got... good luck.....

hi feras thank you very much for your kind advice, and i am looking for your parts around, and need to ask you about some thing i don't get it (if your switch flashes you can account the flashes to find which code does the control unit gives. every code is related to a microswitch in the system)

and my red switch is flashing but windows is not open and roll bar is not working up or down.

I need more of your help Mr. Feras

your replay will be highly appreceated

Mohammed
Old 01-02-2007, 07:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2004
Vehicle: SL500, 300SL, 500SL
Mohammed, I would read codes from the soft top controller, erase them, and then retry the top. If it still doesn't work, read codes again and post them back in the forum.

The procedure for reading and erasing codes is described here: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r129...pre-94-a.html?. Your car has a 38-pin diagnostic connector, and #21 is for the top controller.
bobterry99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Roadster Forums > R129 SL Class