Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Owners Manual

8K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  hughjazz 
#1 ·
Just purchased the 1999 SL500 manual from Mercedes Benz direct $17.00 plus postage. What a disappointment, it looks like a black and white zerox copy. I expected more from Mercedes

#3 ·
What are you talking about not bad!!!! I bought one for a 1990 Porsche C2 a 16 year old vehicle and it was identical to the original, not a zerox copy. Now that's not bad. Mercedes could do a lot better than a Zerox copy for a top of the line product that is only 7 years out of production so don't make excuses, it stinks.

#4 ·
I think the repros are a different size as well. Am I correct in this? I have seen a few on ebay and they looked larger than the orig. I also wanted a owners manual. When i got my 95 the dealer said there was none. I had everything EXCEPT the owners manual BUT the other day I was thinking about taking the door panels off and changing out the speakers and when I lifted the arm rest on the door I peered in and FOUND the owners manual! WOO HOO! did u look in your cars door pocket??? Just a thought.

#5 ·
jaybro - 2/2/2006 9:50 PM

Just purchased the 1999 SL500 manual from Mercedes Benz direct $17.00 plus postage. What a disappointment, it looks like a black and white zerox copy. I expected more from Mercedes
Sounds to me like not a very good deal - I would have expected the original manual for sure.
I bought a -96 English manual from a MB dealer for my -93 German car as I only had the original German manual and my Deutch isn't that good... they didn't have -93 manuals and I was told that "MB reprints old manuals once a year according to the demand". Maybe "reprinting" actually means xeroxing in the MB's vocabulary then... Paid about 6-7GBP (~10 - 12 USD) and this was the original manual, not a copy... This was about 18 months ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.