Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Speedometer/Odometer Rebuild

676 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  JS5D 
#1 ·
Looking for recommendations for rebuilding the speedometer/odometer. Removing it's not an issue and while I understand some say it's not that difficult to replace the odo gear(s), etc., there's a reason I'm not a surgeon for a living...

I've searched the forum and found "TJ's Speedometer Repair" recommended, but I'd like to have some other options on where to send or to whom I don't need to send it to.

Thanks.

#2 ·
Well, I am in the process of replacing the three gears right now. I would say you don't have to be a rocket scientist, or a brain surgeon for this. Just a little patience, and take pictures. No out of the ordinary tools. I got my three gears from garagistic.com I think the price was like $17.00. This was just for the odometer though. If its more complicated then I would send it in

#9 ·
Did mine. Easy. 1 out of 10 for me as I have a impact wrench so whipped off that steering wheel nut in 2 sec.

I would advice some grease on the gears as I can here my odometer click away. Not really an issue, but the gear maker confirmed a little grease is the solution and does no harm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.