Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

NobbyPalooza 2017....North East Coast

6K views 82 replies 20 participants last post by  nobby 
#1 ·
I have a small "investment" trip planned from June 13 to 20th.
My Uncle in Nova Scotia wants to sell his property.
It's a property that's been in the family for 100+ years.
No one in the family wants it, so far.
I'm going to have a look.....I need to refresh my memory and look at it from a different point of view.
I'll be stopping in Montreal to see my folks and in St John , New Brunswick to see my cousin along the way.

And yes.......I will be driving The PIG.

Link to the "way there" map.

.https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/25+L...38e71e9a6228!2m2!1d-65.693093!2d44.689927!3e0

#53 ·
So..... an 1800 mile trip that included 2 ferries and 4 border crossings, visiting family and meeting appointments for meals and arriving home safe and on schedule.
A well oiled machine.:)
Thank you everyone for your interest.

And The PIG?
Flawless.

Attachments

#54 ·
Out of the stickies and into......?

I had to use the search feature to find this thread.

I thought when a thread was moved from solitary it went back into general population?

#57 ·
My Uncle in Nova Scotia wants to sell his property.
It's a property that's been in the family for 100+ years.
No one in the family wants it, so far.
I'm going to have a look.....I need to refresh my memory and look at it from a different point of view.
So.....we've decided to keep the property in the family:)
Yes...we will become Nova Scotians in the coming years.
Good place to retire to....7 months Nova Scotia and the winter months....elsewhere!
I will have 5 acres to host an East Coast GTG.
:):)

Attachments

#66 ·
I'm looking at summer of 2022 for a GTG.

I'll be retired by then and the Pig Pen (garage / shop) should be built and up and running.
There is a shop....not big enough for a car. But it's quite sturdy and built up on blocks. So I'm going to move it elsewhere and build a PigPen in it's spot.

Attachments

#67 ·
Like we give a f$$$ Man buys house in the boonies and collect old car parts...... Pig Pen sounds glamorous..... It will be a Pig Sty.

: a place where pigs are kept

: a dirty or messy place

By the way.... You owe us beer glasses......

Can't wait to meet your wife.... I am sure she is civilized....

#72 ·
I guess if you had an angled lot the "frontage" could be different at high tide (wider?) and low tide. Envision a group of houses around a circular (regardless of the level) pond. The "frontage" for each would decrease if the pond level decreases. That's just a guess at how the frontage might change with tides. I surely don't know.

Congrats on the purchase!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#79 ·
UPDATE: NobbyPalooza 2018

Went to Otter Lake, Quebec today to look at a waterfront property.

We are VERY interested.
It's 5 acres of peninsula.

504 mile drive round trip today!
I was gone 13 hours.
80L of fuel = 21 US gallons = 24 mpg.
Not bad.
All 2 lane twisties.

Attachments

#81 ·
Weather? Glad you asked!

It was a perfect blue sky 80F drive there.

The return trip was a little different.
First 1/3 was beautiful and then black ominous clouds moved in along with extreme gusts of wind and a 20F drop in temperature.
And then God flushed the toilet. Torrential downpour and hail the size of chick peas.....sounded like gunshots on the soft top.

I don't know the area so I was using GPS....which is great until the road is blocked by a firetruck due to a tree down taking a power line with it.
DETOUR.
I drove about 30 minutes North to get around it and then 30 minutes South to get back on track.
At this point the sun was shining again.:)

Water frontage? Probably 4000 feet...LOL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.