Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Part number for center bracket on front fender skirt

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  TheFixer 
#1 ·
I've discovered I'm missing a small bracket that mounts between the center of the lower fender skirt (part number A1078810163) and the body. Looking at my new fender skirt, I'm assuming it has two holes in the bottom edge, but beyond that don't know what it looks like.

I can't find this in the EPC (it just doesn't seem to be shown), and it was missing from my car when I got it. Does anyone have a part number, a photo or perhaps even have a rust free one they could part with?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

#3 ·
Not the best photo (but all I have here at the moment). The skirt (piece that joins the two front fenders at the bottom) has two holes in the center, on a 'tab' from the front lip. I assume these attach to some kind of bracket or brace that goes vertically up, and stops it flopping around.

Photo shows my new skirt fitted to the fenders, but the orange sticker (in the yellow circle) is where I think this bracket goes.

-Steve

Attachments

#6 ·
Not sure.....your photo shows the two plastic grills attached to the two screw holes. Do you know if there there is a metal bracket behind those, or is the plastic the only thing that stops the skirt flexing up and down in the middle?

I did look on ebay, and found a photo of the area which looked as if someone had used a piece of drilled steel strip (or Meccano/Erector set!) to fix.

(For others following the thread, I've attached a couple of photos of my new skirt, showing the screw holes I'm referring to.

-Steve

Attachments

#7 ·
Just been out and had a look and there is no centre bracket on mine. Took a mirror to it and the self tapping screws go through the plastic grilles and screw into the holes in the valance piece direct. No piece between the plastic grilles and the valance either to brace/support. Just the grilles themselves directly onto the valance. The holes in the valance are such that they look like the holes on a spring clip used to thread a screw into. Seems plenty sturdy enough.

At least that is how it is on mine. Of course, that isn't to say some monkey has not had it apart before I got it and just put it together that way.....

Anyone else confirm if this is how yours is on the car? Got me wondering now. Just want to be sure this isn't something else I have to fix :grin

#8 ·
After some investigations, I've discovered the part number for the bracket - A1076280014

It looks like it was only included on the later cars, and on the 560Sl it also holds the front spoiler (air dam) to the cross member. I've attached a photo I found online.

Does anyone have one of these (used, but no serious rust is ok). They are no longer available from MB.

I realize I could make one (a lot easier now I know what it looks like!), but would like to try and find an original if possible.

-Steve

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.