Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Gary if you're listening

861 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  unavita 
#1 · (Edited)
Great meeting you. Great car. Message me here. I would love to see your car again.

#3 · (Edited)
There I was minding my own business. I was headed to a local small town with good eateries. As I approached this lonely and seemingly seedy local place I could just make out the lines of a.. was it.. a 107? As I approached the lines became a reality. Drawing nearer I was even more delighted to see it was a C type. As I turned in to the lot in my 126 I was even more delighted to see that it was an 026. A near perfect one no less. Blue velour. I went inside and discerned which of the 4 at the bar owned the car. I guessed correctly. As I sat down I saw his unmistakable key. I then noticed the Mercedes Benz charm attached to it. I said, "That is a beautiful 026". We sat and shared about our cars. I bought him a Lite beer. He returned the favor. Not having a business card with my cell number I simply wrote it down on what any ad man would; a napkin. I love the car. He wanted to know what I felt it was worth. His son in law has dibs. DRATS!

#9 ·
And this is not the one that was for sale not too far from you either. Two 107.026 cars spotted in your neck of the woods in a short period of time??

I showed mine to a guy, a foreign guy who does LOTS of MB work and was returning a motor core to me. First I pulled up the cover and showed him the trunk lid and his eyes lightened up, as if someone just pulled up their skirt a little for him. Then I pulled the cover up more... and it was as if I showed him my hairy balls and he said, "oh no. This is no good." I guess he didn't like the fact that mine was converted to a convertible. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.