Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

New Member 1975 450SL

709 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  RLT61 
#1 ·
Just joined as I just purchased a 1975 450SL from an uncle that was leaving the country for good. Will need a lot of help with getting this car running smooth. Drove it home yesterday for 200 miles and runs and drives nice, but has some of the usual things I am reading like surging and fast idle and some hesitation on the highway. Just getting rid of the snow here in Manitoba, so looking forward to summer.:smile

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome tazmnaz - Glad to see another Canadian and with a Djet, no less!

Lot's of stuff here (in stickies EGV107) and on net regarding the Djet injection system. 75 was the last year that they used it. (I have a 72)

#6 ·
It is actually a custom paint that he put on, Black Cherry that turns from purple to brown depending on the light. It was originally a red Caligornia model. I got this from the MB Classic.
Chassis number: 107 044 12 023756
Engine number: 117 982 12 032908
Transmission number: 051334
Key code: HD 4670
Exterior color code: 568 – signal red body & hard-top
Interior color code: 161 – black MBTEX
OPTION CODES;
401 single seats
416 hard-top mounted
467 instruments in English / central locking
494 California version
502 side view mirror, right
513 Becker radio
524 paint-coat preservation
531 automatic antenna
585 air conditioner / electric windows
593 heat insulated glass / heated rear pane
636 elimination of warning triangle
668 mode of packing VE I
673 high capacity battery
740 soft-top fabric, black
819 emission tested
Model year: 1975

Attachments

#5 ·
Fonzi and I have quite a few d-jet cars at my shop/warehouse that are being parted. He has a running driving d-jet car to test parts on too and has quite a bit of experience messing with them. Let me know if you need anything. good luck with the car! It looks nice. you have the better looking 6.5" wide bundt wheels i think. I have a set like them that have a more square edge on the lip than most ive seen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.