Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Euro Headlights

5K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  cwmoser 
#1 ·
Ok, having decided to go all Euro and ordered a new bumper. Its now time for the lights!

Managed to source a v good Mercedes OE supplier out here, and have been quoted $1061 per side for brand new assemblies from the factory (thats per side!! Ouch). I know there are refurbs out there for around $500+ a side, with varying degrees of quality. Now the money saved will always go a long way to other parts of the project. But I will be keeping the car, and I think part of me will always think I should have bought the new ones!!

So question is, has anyone else bought these new from the factory? and does this seem like a good quote? From my search it does, but just checking.........

TIA

#4 ·
Kernow101 if you can buy a new set of Euro headlights for $2122 then grab them. I have a strange penchant for sets of these headlights and your quoted price for new is the cheapest in years. Even very good condition sets sell for around the $2000 mark on ebay occasionally so if you're keeping your 107 grab them and think yourself a very lucky buyer.

John :wink

#8 ·
You need wiring

Hopefully you've not made a decision yet.....

The dealer is giving you a decent wholesale price. Keep in mind that you'll still need to buy wiring for each headlight and all the bulbs etc. So you are looking at around $2800 to 3 or more depending on the wiring price. It varies between different markets. Also be prepared to wait for between one to five months. Unless Mercedes is showing inventory when you order, they tend to make them only when there are enough orders. Hence in our facebook post we had 3 sets. It took that many orders to get anything delivered. I do have one set in stock at this time. Set #2 went on this 380 this week at our shop. Attached are some before and after photos. We also modify them so you can drop the US market below-bumper blinkers - which looks better on US cars with euro bumpers.

Attachments

#9 ·
Thanks John,

Not made the purchase yet. They did have them on inventory through my supplier, but in the 2 days it took me to get back to him, the stock had gone. Now, as you say, I would have to but on back order. So am holding back for now, and focusing on some of the other projects!

Thanks for the info. I had your site on my radar already......

#12 ·
Nothing New

Ummm...this is nothing new.... for the 107 or any other car. When you add it up, individual parts are always more expensive than the car. Its part of the reason there are parts cars!

It certainly makes more sense to find a Euro car with bumpers and headlights already in place than to add them to the US car you own. But then you have to find the car and sell yours etc. That's a lot of work. I agree the cost on the headlights is a bit much but.... it is what it is.... blame Mercedes. The euro bumper kits (whether sold by us or someone else) are actually a very good value for the quantity of parts that are included.

#11 ·
There is no brand new headlights from dealer.
They don't make them anymore and they don't sell them anymore.Not even parts for them.Period
They don't take any orders for euro r107 headlights
Anybody who selling any brand new euro headlights online or parts for them is out of stock for years and they just keep their advertising on their website.
If you can get each of brand new euro r107 for 1100$ take a wagon of them and run!!!
Some time I am selling good shape headlights for 1700-2000$ per pair and looks like people pay this high prices without any problems(mostly overseas buyers)
I also have few sets of 95% new r107 (has been on brand new car just during transport from Germany to USA) and then changed for US headlights.
I won't sell one of those even for 2500$ per pair.

#13 ·
You are Wrong

Sorry but you are wrong in your overall point. Mercedes does sell the headlights and they will take orders. They just take a while to fill them.

They do not sell many of the spare parts though. You are correct there. So if you buy a used set, be sure they are complete and in good shape.

I will say the one thing Mercedes doesn't seem to sell or even know anything about is the wiring harness that is specific to the vacuum-adjustable headlights. We received some vacuum versions once and had to jury-rig them to take the other wiring. Which required fixing the reflectors in place. Not an ideal solution and not something I would repeat.

#15 ·
I've got a pair of Euro Headlamps - with the vacuum pods.
The adjusters are pretty much wasted away. Anyone have any ideas on how to repair? I do recall someone mentioning trying a short carb cable from a piece of lawn equipment.

#20 ·
The Euro Headlamps I have are vacuum driven but I do not have the controls on the dash to activate them. Got them on my workbench to figure out how to repair the wire rope adjusters or source them. That and needing a reflector for one too.

#22 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.