Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Picture of AC Condenser mount

1K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  BigFish246 
#1 ·
Hi,
Hope someone can help.

I would like to see how the top mounting brackets look like on a 560SL 1986 ?
I attached what mine look like. The issue is that condenser brackets does not line up to top of radiator support bar.
Based on the history of the car, it was in a front end collision. Just want to confirm if the top bar was from a 450sl not a 560sl.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Or your condensor is not on the correct location. I would say the dryer/receiver is not mounted correctly on your picture. It looks rotated. The dryer/receiver is not just supported by the pipes, it also has a bracket.

Don't be surprised if you find a number of bodges/wrong parts if it has been 'repaired' from a front end collision. Getting the correct parts and mounting it all properly is not really the mantra of every repair shop out there, in fact it would be the exception.

#3 ·
Actually scrap that. I am using my experience with my 83 380SL which has the receiver/dryer mounted on the left hand (US driver) side, while your pictures show it mounted on the right hand side. So I presume that the whole thing is swapped around on a 560SL. I had not through the change is this big between two models...

#4 · (Edited)
Doesn't look like a 560SL condenser and its missing the rubber mounting washers . I will try to get a picture later today.

Never mind it does look like a 560SL see pics. I will try to get a hole to hole dimension in a bit.

Attachments

#6 ·
pictures of mounts

would someone please show me pictures of cables, hoses, wires routing in this area. How is the AC hose line mounted. Other wiring in the drivers side under the hood. I am posting examples of what mine are. After the accident repair, the body did put every thing in it's proper place.

Attachments

#16 ·
Hi PanzerPuff,
Would it be an imposition to ask if you could snap some picture of where that bracket is mounted.
From the parts diagram, I do not see any hardware fasteners, so it's is spot welded? How is it attached?
Mine was repair after a front end collision. So the brakcet is missing, along with some other parts.

Thank you,
KT

Attachments

#18 ·
I think I figured out what what's going on.
The car is missing 2 brackets after the body shop has made collision repairs.

EVAPORATOR-TO-COMPRESSOR REFRIGERANT LINE Bracket: 1078352014 (no longer available)
IGNITION COIL TO LEFT FRONT WHEELHOUSE: 1076203414 available for $60, needs to be welded on.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.