Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

WK 845 fuel filter, banjo bolt does not fit. 84 380SL

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  dr_b 
#1 ·
I'm replacing the filter, pump, strainer, and the related hoses but of course things cannot go smoothly
The issue I'm having is the banjo bolt from the previous filter inlet side does not fir the WK 845 filter. I think it is the correct fuel filter for this application. Anyone had similar problem?
Thanks

#3 ·
I googled 845 MANN filters and this is what came up, not for W107...

MANN-FILTER
Application
Cross reference
MERCEDES-BENZ
190-Serie (W201)
E-Klasse (W/S210)
SL (R129)
W124/S124/C124/R124

They didn't even have a listing on their homepage for the W107 when i filled in the vehicle info.... ?????

Go try an auto parts store near you and take the old filter and bolt with you... :)

RC

#4 ·
I recently did the same overhaul (parts purchased at AutoHausAZ) and everything fitted fine. Assuming you bought the correct filter then possibly somebody changed the banjo bolt from the original.

Are you sure you have the correct filter? Probably best to get the correct banjo bolt, sometimes you end up chasing previous owner's bodges.

On a separate note, be careful with cheap filters. On my car, I bought it as a non runner with a rusted tank, unfortunately the fitted filter was so poor all the crud had been fed into the engine. I opened the filter and found that the paper element had shrunk, collapsed and come loose of the various internal sealings where it was just passing through the raw fuel. There are a lot of very poor car parts being peddled out there, best to stick with a reputable supplier and reputable make (although even there you can get caught out with copies).

#10 ·
Metal pipe fit perfectly, no issues there

WK845 came out as the replacement filter at Amazon (I spend way too much $ there). AutohausAZ also lists WK845 as the replacement filter

http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pr...cid=22@Fuel & Air System&gid=6200@Fuel Filter

So I went to NAPA and they had a fuel filter for it. Bolts and hoses fit perfectly to this one but the can diameter is a bit smaller than the OEM filter so there is a gap on the attachment bracket. I will fill the gap with some thick rubber gaskets before tightening the bolts.

I also changed the accumulator just in case, it was $112 Bosch

I should be able to to do "return line fuel volume test" this weekend and if all good, fire up the engine

Thank you all

#11 ·
FLHRU so you were able to use the WK845. I think the one I had was wrongly cut threads at the inlet side. Or damaged threads. As an engineer, this would not surprise me, I've seen my share of defective automotive and aerospace components

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.