Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Cleaning up the Engine bay suggestions.

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  RLT61 
#1 ·
I have used Never Dull with mixed results to clean up the air cleaner etc in my engine bay on
other cars. I have not touched anything in the attached pic.

Looking for some guidance on shinning things up a bit. What product have you used with good results?

Also, Is this a Behr radiator? I have not seen the car in person yet. I know it was replaced.

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
If anything Meguiars either ripped off 303 or they are making it for them but noticed the same. 303 has been around a really long time and only recently went main stream. Will admit that I do use some Meguiar products even though Barry Meguiar always kind of crept me out.

But 303 is great stuff for rubber and plastic in any case. Suggest you do a quick search on do's and don't as many an owner thought they'd just steam clean their motor. Don't do that.

#5 ·
steam clean

I haven't washed down-Gunked down an engine since they put Fuel Injection under the hood with all the electronics etc. I can only imagine what could happen ! My main request is to find a better product than Never Dull to do the aluminum air cleaner-clamps etc.
and the other misc bright metal

#6 ·
I had used Nevr-Dull for many years until I discovered Quick-Glo. I'm not going back. www.Quick-Glo.com
Sample pictures of surface rust on a front bumper showing improvement in two locations following one rub with Quick-Glo. Didn't finish the job because I wanted the car's owner to see what he could accomplish with very little effort. Quick-Glo is available on line from several retailers for less that what is charged by the manufacturer. Do a search if you are interested.

Attachments

#9 ·
Ken Bergsma has a couple good U-tube vids on cleaning Aluminum.
Years ago- I used to prep Alfa Romeo blocks for people before they started to reassemble their
aluminum block engines. It was always amazing how beautiful they came out. never charged them
as the their smile was enough! We had a great group of Alfa Vintage racers and everyone helped
each other.

I forget what I used-some type of acid and then a neutralizer--

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.