Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

300sl fuel injectors

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  gwg 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I have been chasing down a rough running issue for a couple of months, gradually changing out parts that i think are contributing to the issue as fast as i can save the money to do so. Im at the stage where i need to get this sorted otherwise the car won't get registered in time and will have to have a full inspection which is a massive pain!
I have reached a point where i am a bit stuck in terms of the fuel injectors. i pulled them out a couple of weeks ago and the rubber seals are completely dead so that would be a major factor in why its running rough, they're also covered in soot which i assume is a bad thing.
The main issue i have though is that i am not sure whether or not i need the plastic casing that goes around the injectors. None of the injectors currently in there have these sleeves in place and they seem to fit well into their existing position but everything i look at has these sleeves.
Could someone please advise or show me what their m103 engine injector set up looks like as well as the part number for the rubber seals (i have the injectors number).
I will attach images ASAP.

Thanks as always!

See less See more
#4 ·
I did this recently. You need the plastic sleeve for thermal protection of the injectors and sealing. You need the rubber ring for the same reasons. Get them all.

My rough iddle, if you have it, was due to a dirty & not freely moving ICV (idle control valve? auxiliary control valve?) whatever it's named. Even after cleaning it. Bought a new one and perfect. Just in case that's the next thing you stumble upon...

#5 ·
Thanks for the help guys, i will order the parts soon!
it turns out that the plastic sleeves are shorter in the 103.982 engine for some reason, at least from what i can tell. So they don't actually stick out of the header at all. not quite sure how to remove them though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.