Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Dashboard removal

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  roncallo 
#1 ·
I am struggling with this despite watching the You Tube video so any tips would be welcome.

It seems to be still linked to the heater via the windscreen blower vents so does anyone know how these disconnect. I have undone the nut in between the pipes so all 3 along the top fixing the dash are off.

I want to get to the bulkhead to fully clean up as thankfully only a bit of surface rust visible!

#3 ·
I've had my dashboard out several times. However, I don't quite know where you are at. Do you have the heater box out yet or is that where your problem is? The instructions in the manual ( section 68-100) are quite good so far as order of removal of everything but a little lacking in the areas where you will have problems- like getting the wiring out of the way. Presumably your car is RHD? Do you have a manual? or are you following a video?

Edit: Your car probably has auto climate control, not levers?

#5 · (Edited)
I've had my dashboard out several times.
I salute you!! I have not done this even once.

BTW, how many extra screws and bolts did
you have left over :wink

Seriously, I do plan on removing my Dash someday but while it is out I want
to have the dash cracks repaired.

#4 ·
Windscreen vents.

See my earlier post, but the windscreen vents stay attached to the dashboard when you remove the heater box. There are 2 rectangular vents in the top of the heater box and these simply slide into the vents spreading the air to the windscreen. You have to remove the lower heater box before removing the main part of it. I used one of those very thin flexible kitchen cutting sheets to aid the slipping out of the box as mine was really tight. You need to ensure the lower heating flaps ( directing air to the floor area) are closed as they may interfere.

#10 ·
I'm guessing your stuck to the lower heating ducts on both sides. You need to remove both lower heating ducts partially and then disconnect the cable. When reinstalling put the cable on while they are partially out then install the duct.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.