Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Chrome Roof Release Handles

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  RaNDaLLsAxToN 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where I can purchase the aftermarket chrome roof release handles that you could just leave permanently attached?

#5 ·
I guess you could buy a pretty chrome release handle, grind the pretty chrome off,:|,and weld it in place. I do it the old fashioned way. Open glove box, remove my original not so attractive handle, insert, and pull. Time: 1.3sec. In all seriousness, I think I know what you're trying to achieve, but have never seen this done on our particular vintage.Personally I try to keep my 560SL as original as possible. I think any of the "aftermarket chrome roof release handles" that you would find are of the " keep it the glovebox" variety.

#6 ·
Someone posted a neat idea ... purchase some
Harbor Freight Plies, separate the two handles
and using them as release handles.

Reactions: CaptHarv
#13 ·
I leave the chrome handles in place when the hardtop is on, they are unobtrusive and don't get lost. IMHO the biggest advantage to doing this is to show the occasional new passenger that this vehicle is indeed a convertible, as they cannot believe this car can blow its top.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.