Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Bosch Parts and Made in Germany stamps

1K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  plinker17722 
#1 ·
Where Mercedes Benz is concerned the logo of the company is ubiquitous and particularly so on the parts the company made for their cars. I have found the logo in the most obscure places. This has been true for OEM parts suppliers as well. I find Bosch written on many things. However, I recently purchased a Bosch 69435 fuel pump and when I received it I found no indication on the pump itself that it was a Bosch or that it was made in Germany. In short nothing other than the packaging separated this pump from some Chinese knock off.
Can anyone confirm or comment on wether they have noticed their Bosch parts being or not being marked so on the part itself?

#curiousandconfused.

#2 ·
I had ( and still have) a major falling out with Bosch

over their sparking plugs. I once bought a set of 6 for my 94 C280. I was well-miffed to see and feel the quality of the thread was , as we say over here, rough as a badger's arse. i took them back and bought some Berus instead. At over £5 a plug, the least i would expect is a thread that isn't composed of swarf. They weren't made in germany, but only close scrutiny of the box showed where they were from. I only use Beru and NGK since, and the quality is top-notch.:frown

There other kit is made all over the place as well. the days of any German manufacturer sourcing and manufacturing in germany are long gone. Here in Europe it does have state somewhere on the product or packaging where the stuff was made.:nerd

#3 ·
over their sparking plugs. I once bought a set of 6 for my 94 C280. I was well-miffed to see and feel the quality of the thread was , as we say over here, rough as a badger's arse. i took them back and bought some Berus instead. At over £5 a plug, the least i would expect is a thread that isn't composed of swarf. They weren't made in germany, but only close scrutiny of the box showed where they were from. I only use Beru and NGK since, and the quality is top-notch.:frown

There other kit is made all over the place as well. the days of any German manufacturer sourcing and manufacturing in germany are long gone. Here in Europe it does have state somewhere on the product or packaging where the stuff was made.:nerd
Well I must say that it is somewhat of an ironic relief to hear of others sharing my "pain"! We too have a law in the States regarding products saying where they were made but having just received this fuel pump I can see "Made in Germany" on the box but nothing of the sort on the pump. I'm not sure if I've purchased a pump made in Germany or just a nice box. It seems I've paid a premium for a box. #sadday

#4 ·
it probably is german then

especially if you bought it from a reputable supplier. You could dash off an email to Bosch and ask them directly. They have to tell you the truth, if they bother to answer you . As you can tell, i am hacked-off with their after-sales teams and technical bods as well. that's another story.:frown

#5 ·
Reactions: unavita
#6 ·
I have had problems with Bosch . My engine was missing a beat so found the plug lead for no6 was shot.
On Ebay i purchased a set of Bosch leads . I asked them, before i clicked buy now , if they were genuine ,answer was we only sell genuine parts ,. They came and looked ok .Tha packaging was like any other with the Bosch logo on it .
So then it was fitting time ,The nice snap you hear as you push the leads on was mssing .Both on distributr cap and the steel plug caps was not a true fit .And just push on and hope its in the right place . Took them off only to find no Bosch logo in sight .Only made in Germany on the plug caps .The ht lead did have the Bosch stamp . So it was refund time again .This was done with no questions asked. Bosch now have the new type seals on the box .So look for it ..

#8 · (Edited)
I once bought a Bosch fuel pump. I was a bit suspicious about it, so asked Bosch in Germany about it. They did not recognize it and asked me to send them pictures. They said that they had many cases of knock-offs being sold. As it turned out, the pump was genuine, made by a Bosch associate company in Japan and imported by Bosch USA (who apparently operate kind of independently)

On ebay, there are vendors selling genuine Mercedes parts in genuine Mercedes packaging. But the parts are knock-offs. Lesson - buy parts from a reputable source - dealer or major on-line vendor who has reputation to maintain.

Many Bosch parts are made world wide. Some good, but others, like water pumps, not so good.

#9 ·
twice in one week, faulty memory

the rough as a badger's arse plugs were for my SL, the ones I bought for my C280 had a different problem. Lovely finish, but one fell apart after installation.

I need to defrag my brain.:eek

#15 ·
China is making lots of parts for Mercedes .So it wont be hard to get packaging . And then pack up whatt you whant to so,thats so people think it is an original item or part . But now Bosch are on to this , and all their products now have this hologram on all boxes and packaging .This was done from the year 2014 so the rep said at Bosch Thats what your looik for now .

#18 ·
Just as i said about China these are the holograms to look for .You can check it out by going to the site .
Just Google this - Product.Services.Anti-Counterfiet And you will see the logo .I was wrong they should be on all Bosch products from 2011 But i have see nothing my self yet. Also i can see that they do make them in Australia as well ..

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.