Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

It's That Time Again - 4th Annual SoCal GTG Fri Apr 21- Sun Apr 23, 2017

18K views 211 replies 29 participants last post by  Troglodyte 
#1 ·
Westwood/UCLA
Los Angeles, CA 90077

We've always had a blast and I'm working on the final schedule. Plan on the DIY Clinic here at the house on the Saturday. :nerd

It'll be great to see old friends and make some new ones.

PS Morgana made a new friend.

Time to start posting the working itinerary:

Thu, Apr 20

At My House
PM for Address. West Los Angeles, CA near UCLA
Many people are arriving early/staying here.
Time: Anytime you want to arrive, drinks, ordering food in

Fri, Apr 21

Lunch: 12:00 PM
11:00 Departure from Droidster's for those wanting to convoy
The Crunchy Crab
13076 Glenoaks Blvd.
Sylmar CA 91342
Glenoaks Blvd Btwn Polk and Nurmi

Tour: 1:30 PM
The Nethercutt Museum
15151 Bledsoe Street
Sylmar, CA 91342

Sat: 9:00 AM
At My House:
PM for Address. West Los Angeles, CA near UCLA
We go until we drop. Bring your car, your ambition, and where necessary, you're tools.

Sunday Fun Run 10:00AM
Angeles Crest Highway
Details Here

Roll Call:

Mirv
mrelbe
nobby
mach4
reno4u2
itd
N1ckB
rockcrusher
560Duke
donfenn, +1
shuntslyder
aroundthescenes
KyngLAmar
CA-280SL
Mark Mollica
jschreib
Dont107
okyourabeast +1

See less See more
#16 ·
Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be arriving on Delta, Friday 4-21 at 11 AM, return- scheduled out Sunday night on the red eye, 1115 PM..... Save me a couch... :)

RC

#37 ·
I'm wondering what DIY Clinic projects are contemplated for this year.

My car is pretty well sorted (except for the CV joints which have started clicking....obviously not a project to be attempted 100 miles away from home base :smile) so I'm thinking of attempting something interesting, useful and "safe" like the 99 relay mod.

...what's on your list?

#40 · (Edited)
If you find any on your trips to the JY it would be nice to snag them. My thought is to use the wiper relay from my donor car to modify, which would leave the one from my 107 available to someone else to modify, and so on - that way there's always a good one to replace if something goes wrong....unfortunately I seem to have misplaced it. Hopefully it will turn up before long.

Edit: found it...now have to work on my filing system :)

#42 ·
:wink I saw several posts about prurient matters, but it now appears that you folks might actually work on cars during the GTG..

Either way, I am quite nearby, and will definitely drop by with my 560SL to say hello and check things out... I might also bring my 26 year son who has been flogging the '87 560sl beater that we bought this fall...

#47 ·
That's a tall order for one day especially since there is ALWAYS beer involved.

I'll help....but ONLY if you show up with a quart of 3M 1357 glue and at least 5 - 1" paint brushes.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.