Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

A-Pillar seal

855 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  sublettm2 
#1 ·
So, I replaced the A-pillar seal on the SL a month or so ago, using a replacement seal that came with the car when given to me by my father. I have fiddled with the window adjustment more times than I care to but no matter what I do, I can not get it to seal like the passenger side window. So, I went down to the dealer over the weekend to see about ordering OEM seals based on feedback from many other forum members...they fit better than the URO seals. Let me digress a little here and say that owning a non-US spec SL always seems to throw the parts counter employee for a loop since they can not look up my VIN and without it they just don't seem to know what to do!

Once I was finally able to convince the parts guy that the seals would be the same as a US-spec 380SL he was finally able to pull the parts up in his system. Well, I did not order the seals as the price quoted almost caused me to faint! $348 for an A-pillar seal from Mercedes. I went in thinking it would be around $150 which still would have been steep for a chunk of rubber but $348 is down right ridiculous!

So, are my options to live with the not so good URO seals or dip into my retirement account and spend $348 for OEM seals? Are there any other decent makers of these seals out there? I have done a fair amount of searching and I am only coming up with URO as an aftermarket source. By the way, the $348 was simply for the driver's side, not both sides! There's no way I am spending $700. Call me cheap if you will but spending $700 on some rubber just doesn't seem logical.

Mike

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.