Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Headers for 450sl

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  noeljb 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that I am designing a simple shorty header that will bolt to the factory downpipes for my 75 450sl.

I have heard the flanges/fitment may be different for the later model M117 but I havent found any specific dimensions.

I am making 2 designs. A log setup and shorty equal length. Eventually I will be providing the documentation and instructions for what materials to use and how to make these yourself, as the current aftermarket options are extremely limited and prices high due to that. I may even look into replicating the oem "tri y".

Please comment and add you opinions on design considerations and any photos you may have :wink:laugh

pics for clicks

See less See more
#4 ·
At a minimum, regarding the 75+ cars with the cats right off the header, I would expect large gains (they are rated at 180hp, while years without those cats are rated at 225) Im not saying a full 45hp, but I would expect 20hp and tq across the rev band.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.