Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Fire Extinguisher Bracket

5K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  ozark1 
#1 ·
I've done a search on these and it appears they are as rare as hens teeth.
Any suggestions on possibly after market " under the front seat " models?

#5 ·
If you absolutely have to have it to make your SL "complete"....then keep searching. One will turn up.

But if you think it will help put out any fire...except, perhaps a book of matches.....don't waste your time.

I even gave my tool kit away because I think they are useless, as well.

The 30+ year old first aid kit is nothing but a flat surface to roll a joint on.

:):)

#8 ·
I had occasion to use the extinguisher from my 126 to help put out a care fire and two of us (ie 2 extinguishers) JUST managed to put out the fire which had just started in the engine. They would be useless against a fire which has advanced. The owner whose car we saved was in shock and didn't offer a refill!

After that experience I didn't bother reinstalling it.

#9 ·
Any new fire extinguisher should come with a mount. Both of mine did. I mounted mine in the trunk. Some have criticized the location but it forces you to do the most important thing if you car catches fire and that is to get out of the car. If you're trying to mount an original one remember that it is decades old. The little dial indicator may read charged but do you really want to find out the hard way?

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r-c107-sl-slc-class/2145217-mounting-fire-extinguisher.html

#11 ·
Any new fire extinguisher should come with a mount. Both of mine did. I mounted mine in the trunk. Some have criticized the location but it forces you to do the most important thing if you car catches fire and that is to get out of the car. If you're trying to mount an original one remember that it is decades old. The little dial indicator may read charged but do you really want to find out the hard way?

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r-c107-sl-slc-class/2145217-mounting-fire-extinguisher.html
Good points.
If I did manage to find one to fit under the seat it would be new. Hopefully I would have the due diligence to ensure it was ready at any time.
I think it's important to try and head these things off, not much cost involved after all.
Thanks again.

#10 ·
I've done a search on these and it appears they are as rare as hens teeth.
Any suggestions on possibly after market " under the front seat " models?
If you absolutely have to have it to make your SL "complete"....then keep searching. One will turn up.

But if you think it will help put out any fire...except, perhaps a book of matches.....don't waste your time.

I even gave my tool kit away because I think they are useless, as well.

The 30+ year old first aid kit is nothing but a flat surface to roll a joint on.

I don't profess to make the SL "complete" but surely any extinguisher is better than none. I'll take your advice and keep searching.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.