Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Wineter Withdrawl

14K views 156 replies 39 participants last post by  OldWorldShepherds 
#1 ·
I hate living in Connecticut. The older I get, the less I can tolerate the cold, or afford to lose so many months every year to the gray skies and limited access to the great outdoors. It has snowed or some form of frozen precipitation every three days for awhile now, more on the way tonight.

The SL is in hibernation, and I have pretty much done all the little insignificant things I can regarding the car, that I had lined up for indoor busy work. About the only thing I can do is remind myself that first drive of Spring isn't TOO far off.

Attachments

See less See more
#73 ·
Im tired of the winter as well.
but it will be over soon I hope.
constant snow and cold temperatures are truly demoralizing.

#113 ·
News said last night 2nd warmest Feb on record...
Not here!

In 145 years of record-keeping in Buffalo, this is the coldest February EVER.

February:

0 - Days with no snow
0 - Days, above 32°
1 - Lowest HIGH temperature
10 - Days where daily HIGH was below average LOW
11 - Days, 0° or below
11.1 - "mean" temperature
45 - Inches of snow

and

53 - Days of measurable snow on the ground, consecutive.

Niagara Falls, last week:

Attachments

#84 ·
We bailed out of CT and drove to DC yesterday ahead of the nastiest stuff but were greeted by a white-out inside the beltway. Only thing worse than a blizzard in CT is a powdering in DC. And only thing worse than spending the kids vacation Smithsonian hopping in this Arctic weather is the thought we almost drove all the way to Myrtle Beach to freeze instead. Alas, Spring will be here soon.

#87 ·
Projecting 2F Wednesday night here in North Carolina.
Any you Canadians were whinning about the heat and humidity down here
just a few months ago. I'm thinking of moving to Florida.

Carl

#93 ·
Snowed in today. We had a whole inch of snow and my employer let us out 1 hour early yesterday and shut down today.

See the attached pictures of the storms havoc and carnage.

Attachments

#94 ·
wienter withdrawl

Sorry to hear the CT boys are having. I left Avon 1-29 for Florida and will not be back until March 10th. But I justordeed new vinal seats to be put in from Redan so I feel your pai onthe weather channel but i am vicariously working on the 85 380 through the iternet and bank account-Winston of the Woods-out!

#98 ·
With each passing storm, you guys in NW CT seem to get more snow than we do, even though we're only 60 minutes +/- away just across the NY border. We only got about 3" yesterday/last night.
I feel badly for all of you in CT and eastern MA (Boston:eek), but I have to say, I don't feel guilty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.