Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Fuel injector replacement.

8K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  cpjohns 
#1 ·
If you know you have at least one fuel injector that is bad, do you replace that one or should you replace all? What is the prescribed theory on this? If advised to replace all, can you go with used in good condition, or is this one of those, never by used, always purchase new Oem parts?

#2 ·
Assuming you're talking about your CIS injectors, then you can simply change out one with a new unit. They are not stupidly priced. But....

You will need to buy new injector seals as well.

Personally I'd replace as a set, and if any used units were still serviceable, I'd have them ultrasonically cleaned and keep them as spares.
But, I do have a few CIS-E cars, so it's in my interest to keep a spares pool.

#4 ·
I have never replaced a Fuel Injector in a 107SL M117 engine.
I've done it on my 1976 Cadillac Seville I once owned - and those injectors
were and still are very very expensive. Definitely make sure you use
new O-rings.

This article on the 500E board advises that you should get some new green viton
o-rings
and that injectors with more than 50K miles on them should be replaced.

HOW-TO: Replacing M117 fuel injectors

#5 ·
It is not likely that you will be able to do this without also changing the idle air distribution hoses and fittings, because what you have is old and they will break. They aren't THAT expensive, but it's just another thing. Use LOTS of rubber lubricant (NOT oil).

#7 ·
#8 ·
#9 ·
From every thing I've been reading, I think I need to buy OEM parts. The comments made about after market parts have not been favorable, and on a repair this I think it best to use OEM. This may take some time to save the money for the injectors at $50+ a pop x 8. Plus the ancillary parts as well. When I get started will get pictures and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the support and advice!

#12 ·
Could really use some advice here, I am replacing my injectors, nozzle holders and seals. The green rings on the nozzle holders keep pinching,sheering a I tap them in. I had the black o rings that came with the OEM nozzle holders but I also ordered 8 of the green ones. The black ones seem to go in a little better but I steered quite a few of those as well. Even with the 8 extra I ran out of rings because the kept Pickering and sheering off a small piece as the went in. Is there a trick to keep them from doing this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.