Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Passenger Seatbelt for 1973 Mercedes 450 SL

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  kparkes 
#1 ·
I am trying to locate a retractable seatbelt for the passenger side of my 1973 Mercedes 450SL. Does anyone know where I can get one? I live in Vancouver, BC Canada and can purchase from the United States also. Your help would be appreciated.

kparkes
Home - K.R. Parkes Goldsmith

#2 ·
I created a thread in the past few weeks call "seat belt types". Please make sure people know what style you need. Early 73 were two piece with a retractable lap belt, but the shoulder strap part was not retractible, but adjustable. The socket and the retracing system for that style both bolt to the seat I believe. I have at least two I think.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#4 ·
I have the stock non-retractable seatbelt now that you just described. I find it very awkward for my wife to use. I am trying to find a substitute retractable seatbelt. The driver side has already been changed and it works great, the same as a modern seatbelt. The passenger side still has the stock seatbelt and is a real hassle to use. Thanks for your advice.

#6 ·
www.seatbeltplanet.com made a pair of replacements for my 75 450SL for $199.00, the pair. They fit perfectly and were even made in dark blue to match the interior. You can contact them at askus@seatbeltplanet.com. My issue was the familiar one: You had to slowly coax the old ones out of the retractor spool. About 15 minutes per side to replace. Only needed to preserve the protective sleeve where the belt fastened to the seat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.