Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

A couple of questions and comment

643 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  petesmga 
#1 ·
Installed the $17 replacement ODO gears from Garagisitc (sp??) I have a couple hundred miles on the car with the gears and they seem to be working fine. Their service people told me a light tab of lithium grease is OK to help insure quietness.

I do not know where I saw the suggestion but I used 2 paint can openers to pull the instrument cluster out... worked like a charm. I did manage to put the steering wheel back on one tooth out, so thats this afternoon's project to fix. That's what happens when I work without my glasses on. Had it marked clearly and with my glasses I can see exactly what I did. Oh well, not a big deal

I sent an email to MB to inquire about the subframe issue. I did not initially provide my VIN because I didnt have it at the moment. So I sent that today.

I am curious if anybody might want to speculate or share the response they might have gotten with this route? The first note I got back said they would check for any recalls once they got the VIN. Does anyone have a list for an '82 380sl?

I have records the car got upgraded timing chain when it hit about 40K miles so I suppose that's a good thing.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.