Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

OT It Was 50 Years Ago Today

830 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  GMB 
#1 ·
Actually 50 years ago this Sunday...pretty much the start of Beatlemania in the United States. For those of now in our sixties (or older) it was an incredible time to be growing up. The Beatles were headlined on the evening news (IIRC it was only 15 minutes back then). Their every move was chronicled and the hearts of every young girl belonged to John, Paul, George and Ringo.

Ed Sullivan Theater Unveils Marquee To Mark 50 Years Since Beatles « CBS New York

Thanks Ed for having the insight to bring the Beatles to your show. Little did we know that in a few short years it would be over. To use a line from a Beatles song..."A splendid time is guaranteed for all".

It was...

See less See more
#5 ·
Post-Beatle Lennon: I think the best is his *Plastic Ono Band* LP -- it's stunning. The songs, the minimal aesthetic, the production -- everything is really good. For my money, it's the finest post-group LP by any Beatle.

As for the Lennon or McCartney question, personally, I really dig Harrison's contributions to the group's songbook.

:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.