Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Nardi Steering Wheel

8K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  dwight_talley 
#1 ·
I have come across a used Nardi steering wheel that I like but not sure how it would look in a 107. 365cm (14.4 inch)

Has anybody seen this style before? Anybody seen this in a 107? Do you think it would work esthetically in our interiors?

All opinions welcome.

Thanks
John

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You gotta go with your own personal taste.

It is a nice wheel but perhaps has a little "modern" built in to the look.

What else you have going on with the car? Have we seen any pics of it?

#3 ·
Only pics I have of the car are the sellers pics when I bought it late October 2013. I got too busy with work in November and basically tucked her in the garage with only 2 weeks of use. This sure does seem like the longest winter ever when you have a clean roadster sitting in the garage to look at! :crybaby2: Can't wait for this snow to stop.

Attachments

#6 ·
I've always preferred this model in the r107 as it has that classic look that fits the roadster perfectly.
dws

Attachments

#7 ·
I think the model in post #1 is very cool, and definitely more modern than the original Nardi style. One reason I think it would be better is the wood looks thicker than the dainty original Nardi wood. Thicker feels a little sportier to me while the dainty Nardi I have (with aluminum spokes) feels like... I don't know... Old British race car feel??? Like something you'd run into on a MG or older car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#9 ·
That Nardi looks really nice. A bit modern look, yes, but still cool looking IMO. Its all about what you like.

I also wish they were a bit thicker around the grip/wooden area and a tad wider to instrument cluster view purposes, but Im not complaining :D !!

I got mine with the metal "spokes" in black....

Attachments

#14 ·
I really think that is a beautiful steering wheel. I too would buy it from you if you tire of it or decide not to use it. The smaller diameter of the wheel will feel so much more comfortable than the larger original 107 steering wheel .

wood looks great and I never have seen such a clean design ....LUCKY find Dude. Enjoy it with your small bumper beautiful sl !!!!!! LIKE iT

#24 ·
Didn't your '78 have the larger spline size and a nut securing it? I think through the 1977 model year they were the same. The '78-'79 larger spline with nut. 1980 same lager spline size spline with hex bolt. This conclusion is from EPC data and comparing model years and ident. numbers on 450SLs on EBay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.