Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

NHL...GTG Aug. 30, 31 2014 at Roncallo's

84K views 976 replies 38 participants last post by  nobby 
#1 ·
kimmosaabie challenged me to a beer per loss between the Philadelphia Flyers and the Montreal Canadiens.

Overall season loser buys.

Got to thinking about a GTG based on Home team losses.

I haven't figured out the whole idea (ideas are welcome) but the gist would be that the participant in this NHL...GTG with the most losses would host a GTG and do the beer payback.

Hair brained scheme.

#75 ·
OK, throw me into the mix. I don't follow hockey so I have no idea who's good or bad. I see Pete's alone so I'll throw in with him.
I'll start stocking up now on IPA just in case.
If Boston looses I get to drink my IPA, If Boston wins I still drink my IPA.
A no brainer.

#79 ·
OK, I'll pick a NY team. I have friends at work who eat, breathe and sleep hockey.

Just kidding about the Giants. They stink on Ice as they say.
So..........which of the threeish would you like?

#81 ·
Smack / Hotshoe / Rockcrusher......................Red Wings...................6

Nobby............................................. ...........Montreal Canadiens......6

Petesmga.......................................... .........Boston.......................7

mrelbe............................................ ...........Maple Leafs.................8

Kimmosaabie / Fonzi............................. .......Philadelphia Flyers.........3

#83 ·
mrelbe............................................ ...........Maple Leafs.................8

Petesmga.......................................... .........Boston.......................7

Smack / Hotshoe / Rockcrusher......................Red Wings...................6

Nobby............................................. ...........Montreal Canadiens......6

Werner.......................................................Rangers.......................3

Kimmosaabie / Fonzi............................. .......Philadelphia Flyers........3

#86 · (Edited)

Petesmga.......................................... .........Bruins.........................7

Smack / Hotshoe / Rockcrusher.......................Red Wings...................6

Nobby............................................. ...........Canadiens....................6

Pearson.......................................................Black Hawks.................6

Werner............................................ ...........Rangers.......................3

Kimmosaabie / Fonzi............................. .......Flyers...........................3

#91 ·

Petesmga.......................................... .........Bruins.........................7

Nobby............................................. ...........Canadiens....................7

Pearson........................................... ............Black Hawks.................7

Smack / Hotshoe / Rockcrusher.......................Red Wings...................6

Werner............................................ ...........Rangers.......................3

Kimmosaabie / Fonzi............................. .......Flyers...........................3

#94 ·

Nobby............................................. ...........Canadiens....................8

Pearson........................................... ............Black Hawks.................7

Werner............................................ ...........Rangers.......................4

#96 ·
mrelbe............................................ ...........Maple Leafs.................9

Nobby............................................. ...........Canadiens....................8

Pearson........................................... ............Black Hawks...............8

Werner............................................ ...........Rangers.......................4

Kimmosaabie / Fonzi............................. .......Flyers..........................3

#97 · (Edited)
mrelbe............................................ ...........Maple Leafs.................10

Pearson........................................... ............Black Hawks...............8

Petesmga.......................................... .........Bruins.........................8

Smack / Hotshoe / Rockcrusher.......................Red Wings...................7

Werner............................................ ...........Rangers.......................5

Kimmosaabie / Fonzi............................. .......Flyers..........................3

#98 · (Edited)
Participants need to state their favorite home team.

The participant with the fewest regular season wins at the end of the season hosts a GTG and buys all the beer.

GTG could take place on Labour day weekend in 2014 (Aug. 30, 31).

And all participants need to wear their team jersey.

All Star game is the final cut off.

Join in....it's a long season and anything can happen.

mrelbe............................................ ...........Maple Leafs.................10

Petesmga.......................................... .........Bruins.........................8

Smack / Hotshoe / Rockcrusher.......................Red Wings...................8

Digmenow..................................................Capitals...................6

Werner............................................ ...........Rangers.......................5

Kimmosaabie / Fonzi............................. .......Flyers..........................3......(7-0...oh my!)

#99 ·
nobby, as you continue to refine your "standings" posts, would you mind adding a link to the next one (and thus every one thereafter) that goes back to whichever post contains the final rules? Don't worry about making it pretty. I'll clean it up.

BTW. Stickiness achieved.

#101 ·
The Rules
  • Participants need to state their favorite home team.
  • The participant with the fewest regular season wins at the end of the season hosts a GTG and buys all the beer.
  • GTG could take place on Labour day weekend in 2014 (Aug. 30, 31).
  • And all participants need to wear their team jersey.
  • All Star game is the final cut off.

Pearson........................................... ............Black Hawks...............9

Smack / Hotshoe / Rockcrusher.......................Red Wings...................9

Digmenow.......................................... ........Capitals.......................7

Werner............................................ ...........Rangers.......................6

Kimmosaabie / Fonzi............................. .......Flyers...........................4

#102 ·
Given the number off hockey games in a season, this thread would never be far away.

Alas, now it is a sticky so it deserves a little more respect.

There are 107 members all over...surely we can find at least 1 member per team and have a little fun.

Besides, Kimmo will probably be hosting, anyways. :)

Gives him another 'goal' in his continuing long life.

#105 ·
The Rules
  • The participant with the fewest regular season wins at the end of the season hosts a GTG and buys all the beer.

Pearson........................................... ............Black Hawks...............9

Smack / Hotshoe / Rockcrusher.......................Red Wings...................9

Digmenow.......................................... ........Capitals.......................8

Werner............................................ ...........Rangers.......................6

Kimmosaabie / Fonzi............................. .......Flyers...........................4

#110 ·
The Rules

Pearson........................................... ............Black Hawks..............10

Petesmga.......................................... .........Bruins.........................9

Digmenow.......................................... ........Capitals.......................9

Werner............................................ ...........Rangers......................8

Nobby............................................. ...........Canadiens...................8

Jody............................................................Hurricanes..................6

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.