Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

NHL...GTG Aug. 30, 31 2014 at Roncallo's

84K views 976 replies 38 participants last post by  nobby 
#1 ·
kimmosaabie challenged me to a beer per loss between the Philadelphia Flyers and the Montreal Canadiens.

Overall season loser buys.

Got to thinking about a GTG based on Home team losses.

I haven't figured out the whole idea (ideas are welcome) but the gist would be that the participant in this NHL...GTG with the most losses would host a GTG and do the beer payback.

Hair brained scheme.

#36 ·
Good call Nobby! Lord knows that we need a change in the coaching ranks! Three games into the season was proof enough that they were not going to stop taking stupid penaltys or turn around an anemic power play

Both Ed Snider and I have seen enough!

PS I know I'm down on the beer challenge, thankfully it's an 82 game season.

#39 ·
It's all in good fun. Quite frankly I don't know which is the better, most or least wins. Sure, there is bragging rights, but buying a couple of boxes of beer vs. a couple hundred/thousand mile road trip. Losing may be the most economical. That being said, it's a long season, and you only have to be better than the last place team. hell, Smack and I may have to drive together to split expenses if we have to travel "overseas" (the great white north) I say, get in, have fun, and hopefully drink beer on someone else's dime.

#40 ·
Smack......................Red Wings...................2

Hotshoe................... Red Wings..................2

Nobby.......................Montreal Canadiens.....1

Kimmosaabie..............Philadelphia Flyers......1

Petesmga..................Boston (boo) ..............2

#41 ·
Smack......................Red Wings...................2

Hotshoe................... Red Wings..................2

Nobby.......................Montreal Canadiens.....2

Petesmga..................Boston (boo) ..............2

#44 ·
Smack......................Red Wings...................3

Hotshoe................... Red Wings..................3

Nobby.......................Montreal Canadiens.....3

Petesmga..................Boston (boo) ..............3

#50 ·
Smack / Hotshoe / Rockcrusher......................Red Wings...................3

Nobby........................................................Montreal Canadiens......3

Kimmosaabie..............................................Philadelphia Flyers........1

Petesmga...................................................Boston........................3

#51 ·
1. It's an 80 game season.

2. Injuries and miracles can and do happen.

3. Have we all Forgotten the Miracle on Ice at Lake Placid?

4. The "new coach" can not be expected to resurrect an anemic power play
in three games or less.

5. Not to worry about "Kimmo" having enough beer on the premisis. SWMBO
has already factored that in to next Spring's budget!

#54 ·
Smack / Hotshoe / Rockcrusher......................Red Wings...................3

Nobby............................................. ...........Montreal Canadiens......3

Kimmosaabie / Fonzi............................. .......Philadelphia Flyers........1

Petesmga.......................................... .........Boston........................3

#58 ·
Smack / Hotshoe / Rockcrusher......................Red Wings...................5

Nobby............................................. ...........Montreal Canadiens......4

Kimmosaabie / Fonzi............................. .......Philadelphia Flyers.........1

Petesmga.......................................... .........Boston.......................3

#59 · (Edited)
Smack / Hotshoe / Rockcrusher......................Red Wings...................6

Nobby............................................. ...........Montreal Canadiens......5

Kimmosaabie / Fonzi............................. .......Philadelphia Flyers.........1

Petesmga.......................................... .........Boston.......................4

#62 ·
Smack / Hotshoe / Rockcrusher......................Red Wings...................6

Nobby............................................. ...........Montreal Canadiens......5

Petesmga.......................................... .........Boston..........................5

What's the Philadelphia area like at the beginning of September?

#63 ·
You're really counting a lot of wins before they happen. Philly weather is essentially the same as what you experienced at "Chads" GTG this past August.
Make sure you have a back-up pan in the event of a hurricane destined for the east coast.:D

#64 ·
Make sure you have a back-up pan in the event of a hurricane destined for the east coast.:D
How about just a frying pan?

You know....to fry the onions, to put on my burger, that you will cook for me whilst serving beer from your fridge.:)

#70 ·

Petesmga.......................................... .........Boston..........................6

#71 ·

Nobby............................................. ...........Montreal Canadiens......6

Petesmga.......................................... .........Boston.......................7

Kimmosaabie / Fonzi............................. .......Philadelphia Flyers.........2

#74 ·

Nobby............................................. ...........Montreal Canadiens......6

Petesmga.......................................... .........Boston.......................7

mrelbe.......................................................Maple Leafs..................7

Kimmosaabie / Fonzi............................. .......Philadelphia Flyers.........2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.