Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

One to seriously consider if in the market

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  dgosh28 
#1 ·
Tom Curry, took my suggestion today and posted his 1979 SLC for sale here in the Sale-Wanted-Trade section of BW. Tom is the former secretary of the MBCA New Mexico chapter and has owned his pride and joy SLC for 29 years taking the uptmost care of it. Tom is 82 years old and moving into an assisted care living along with his wife. I won't say what he's indicated he'll take for it but a deal is in the making for someone to get their hands on a good one here...

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/sale-wanted-trade-giveaway/1727344-fs-1979-450slc-5-0-a.html

#9 ·
As I recall Tom told me he imported the car himself when he bought it nearly 30 years ago but eitherway, I am sure he can clear up and put to ease any questions about his car. When considering his price coupled with the condition of the car, its a deal in that basically nothing is needed and all prior work (which is all fully documented) has been top grade maintenance and repair throughout the vehicles life to date.

Tom offerred it to a me a few months back but I've already got too many "irons in the fire" even with my wife saying to me "go get it"...

#10 ·
Definitely one of the best I have seen for sale. I try not to comment on prices anymore unless totally outlandish. IMO this is a very, very good price. Little things like wheels and fog lights are easily corrected if it bothers you. If I were into the coupes it would already be sold.

#11 ·
If I had room for this... I'd be all over it. I just got something 3 month ago, if I knew this would come up I'd have waited. I also wanted SLC (and ended with another SL) because I couldn't find one in a good shape. They are not convertible, so only true believers keep them in the good shape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.