Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

help,280 sl cold starting problem

6K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  rowdie 
#1 ·
hi guys im new to the forum ,iv just bought 280 sl from a family member who as had it to mercedes for this problem but hes forgot what they said the problem was ,he said it was some sort of sensor ,im i rite in say cold start valve or the warm up valve ,the problem is you start the carand she starts straigth away but cuts out ,then you have to crank her over whilst holding the throttle down then release it and she fires and cuts out a few times ,after around the 4th time you just have to catch her on the pedal till she warms up ,around 2 minutes and the she fine ,am i correct or can you put me right cheers karl its an 1983

#4 ·
I'd like to know the part number of the WUR on the 1983.

My 1983 has an "acceleration compensating" feature that others don't....it includes an inner diaphragm and an extra vacuum port.

Probably pooched.

I bought a replacement for a good price here: CISFLOWTECH

They are rebuilders and will offer advice over the phone.

#8 ·
Pinpointing one part is not going to be easy. Not driving and storing a vehicle wreaks havoc on the fuel system. Really bad with ethanol gas. Have you emptied the old fuel. New fuel and a heavy dose of Techron or other injection cleaner may help clean things up. Also an "Italian tune up" can be beneficial.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.