Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Red floormats

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Fonzi 
#1 ·
The driver floor carpet on my car is starting to come unraveled and the rubber insert section is crumbling. The carpet in the rest of the car is good, and I am cheap. So I have decided to buy some front floor mats to solve my problem. I am assuming that the floor mats below will solve my problem, at least cosmetically, and allow me to forget about the carpet that is falling apart.

One I won't buy: Genuine OEM Mercedes Benz SL Class R107 BURGUNDY Carpeted Floor Mats 1971-1989 | eBay

One I'd buy: Mercedes Benz Floor Mat set 2 pce 450SL 380SL 560SL 230SL 250SL 280SL New | eBay

The two concerns I have are:

1) Is that Burgundy really going to look right? These mats seem identical with the same logo and driver insert, yet the Burgundy looks way-wrong for an early red interior. Yet the eBay second item says the Burgundy looks good in a red interior (clearly a subjective comment). But the color in the second one does look right on the computer.

2) Will they fit right? One of them says it also fits the w113. What's up with that? Are the floorpan sections really that similar? Or is this a cheap floormat that won't fit quite right?

Thoughts? Perhaps since the first says it is OEM, maybe the second is a knockoff??? It's only $85. Should I take the chance? Or does someone know a better place to buy the right color for cheap (~under $100).

Thanks in advance!

See less See more
#2 ·
Oops! Perhaps i posted too soon. Seeing the ebay first item, I checked the part number they provided on MercedesPartsCenter.com and see that I can get the same item for only $55.30 plus shipping. I guess I just need the correct part number for the old red, and I'm in business. Off to the EPC I go.

#3 · (Edited)
No luck since I have a hard time navigating the EPC. So I resorted to trial-and-error in the mercedespartscenter.com catalog:

Part Number Q6680250 Part Name VEL/BEIGE/10
Part Number Q6680251 Part Name VEL/BGDY/107 Will cost me $66.25 shipped... Seems like the place to buy if it's the best color I can get.
Part Number Q6680252 Part Name VEL/BRN/114/
Part Number Q6680253 Part Name VEL/BLU/114/
Part Number Q6680254 Part Name VEL/GRY/114/
Part Number Q6680255 Part Name VEL/BLK/114/
Part Number Q6680256 Part Name VEL/PAL/114/
Part Number Q6680257 Part Name VEL/BG/114/1
Part Number Q6680258 Part Name VEL/BGD/114/
Part Number Q6680259 Part Name VEL/BRN/W123

Well, going that way, UP, in numbers makes it clear that I went into the w114 and then w123 carpets. Let's go back the other way.

Part Number Q6680249 Part Name VEL/PALO/107
Part Number Q6680248 Part Name VEL/BLK/107S
Part Number Q6680247 Part Name VEL/GREY/107
Part Number Q6680246 Part Name VEL/BLUE/107
Part Number Q6680245 Part Name VEL/BRN/107S
Part Number Q6680244 Part Name VEL/BGE/107S
Part Number Q6680243 Part Name VEL/PALO/107
Part Number Q6680242 Part Name VEL/BLK/107S
Part Number Q6680241 Part Name VEL/GREY/107
Part Number Q6680240 Part Name VEL/BLU/107S
Part Number Q6680239 Part Name VEL/BRN/107S
Part Number Q6680238 Part Name VEL/BGD/126S

RATS! Now I'm in w126, and no RED!

Well, I guess now I am faced with hoping that the second ebay item is a knock-off, not just the OEM Burgundy, and paying an extra couple of bucks for that hope. Hmmm....

EDIT: To follow up. I did some more searching and this thread covers floormats fairly well, and offers a place to buy floormats in "any color", but I don't feel confident in the color or product. (It appears that the online ordering will force a cheezy italic "MBZ" logo to be put on the carpet.)

#7 ·
Wow! That's a great one! Now I just need to take the family on a trip to Long Island to go get a truckload of parts while the family climbs the Statue of Liberty or something.

Thank you!

I want the console (for a repaint job) and the carpets can't be much worse than my driver carpet. I've got a little red mat covering that busted up plastic section under the pedals, but it is still bad.

Thank you!

#8 ·
floor mat

I, also, am looking for an exact fit floor mat for my 73 450sl. The ones on ebay are not exact fits. They don't go around the gas pedal and way up. My local Mercedes dealer says he can get one from Germany, but not my blue color. Only black, but he says you can dye them. I don't know how that would work out, honestly.

So, for now, I bought a regular blue floor carpet, will use my old mat as a template, and have the thing bound. Ed

#9 ·
^^^ some folks seem really happy with this style floor mat, and they look like they fit well. Perhaps the two ebay auctions are different???

The one ebay auction also lists the part number that matches up with the mob parts web site.

So if I knew I would get the right color, I would not have a hard time taking a chance on these floor mats from merceredespartscenter.com to show up at my door for only about $67.

Does the picture of the tan above look like it fits ok? I thought it does. I linked above, but here Is the source thread for that pic. http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r-c107-sl-slc-class/1562846-floormats-107-a.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.