Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Well That's just special.

4K views 58 replies 18 participants last post by  GlueckAuf 
#1 · (Edited)
I took Friday off and in the morning finally got around to putting in the new fuel accumulator. Silly me I forgot to clamp off the small hose at the back end of the FA and took a nice gasoline bath. Well that's just special.

Got it all back together and took it for a test drive. To my surprise the car seemed to have more get up and go when you punched the pedal.
I guess the fuel flow was improves by the new FA.

That afternoon I took my DD and met my wife at the school where she worked. (about 15 miles)
Left my car there and hopped into hers and drove out to Delhi to pick my son up at the university. Knowing the route up is one speed trap after another I neurotically watched the speed signs. The last little town the speed dropped to 30. Got to an intersection made a right turn and the first sign I saw said 30 within sight of the intersection up the road ahead.
The guy driving in front of me pulled away pretty quickly and sure enough a state trooper flies by me and a few seconds later I see the guy pulled over. As I approach, the trooper jumps in the middle of the road and motions for me to pull over. I missed the 20 MPH sign right at the corner of the intersection as you round the corner. Watching traffic going into the intersection I missed the sign. He wrote me a ticket for going 32 MPH in a 20 zone.
Well that's just special.

Got sonny boy loaded up and It was too late and I was too tired to stop and pick up my car when we got home.

This morning I had a Tech session with the MBCA at the local MB dealer about 20 minutes from home. It was a great deal, I paid $27 for a 62 point inspection (show or no show). On the way to the dealer, I made a little detour and took the SL out to where the wife worked so that she can take my DD home. Leaving the lot at the intersection she makes a left and I make a right onto a fairly rural road. As soon as I made the turn the SL just dies and in the rear view mirror I watch the wife drive off. Well that's just special.

As I coast to a stop between two driveways, to my surprise a 107 pulls out of the driveway behind me turns right and just drives right by me and off he goes. Well that's just special.

I check the fuses and all are good. I pull out my spare FPR, I pull the glove box and change the FPR and no change.
I try to start many times but the pump is barely audible if at all. I pull the tools and check the power connections to the fuel pump. No good, just not working. I figure either the pump died or some crud in the line broke loose and clogged somewhere. Well that's just special.

So I lean into the car to get my cellphone from the console and it isn't there.
I left it on the kitchen table. Well that's just special.

I saw some cars in the driveway where the 107 pulled out of so I walked up to the house. The lady of the house brought out her phone and let me call home. Thank goodness the wife was home. (she lost her cell phone a couple days earlier).

After 20 minutes my wife pulls up and hands me my cell phone. I see that my daughter who's still at college for a few more days, tried to reach me twice that morning. But first things first, I called and arranged to be towed to an Indi which I new was only a few miles away. Always said I'll have to try them some day.

After arranging the towing I called my daughter back who says, dad I can't get my car started. Well princess, that's just special.:surrender:

Attachments

See less See more
#56 ·
TopNob at 85 was the only one at the bow of the iceberg boat for 3.5 hours leaving everyone else to huddle for warmth.

Tough or dumb?

Well, determined to be one or the other.

That generation just does not give up easily or complain about too much.

When you grow up poor during the depression and eat nothing but potatoes and cabbage and wear your older sibling's too small for you shoes nothing much really compares.

#58 ·
I spoke to her this morning. She seemed to be in good spirits. She will be in rehab a week or two after she is released from the hospital.

She survived the 1943 Operation Gomorrah bombing of Hamburg, I think she can handle this.

Our generation and especially our kids generation have no clue what tough is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.